Vanguard PD Day Pre-Work
January 5, 2016
If you are looking for information about the day, including location addresses, schedule, lunch, etc, please visit the Vanguard PD Day page on our website.
What It Means to be "Vanguard"
According to Dictionary.com, vanguard is defined as:
- the foremost division or the front part of an army; advance guard; van.
- the forefront in any movement, field, activity, or the like.
- the leaders of any intellectual or political movement.
If you think about it, that's really what we are. We're on the forefront for instructional technology and personalized learning. In our respective locations, we serve as intellectual leaders working to improve learning for the teachers and students around us.
And so, when it comes to professional development, why shouldn't we continue to "be vanguard", think outside the box, and learn in a new and different way?
We hope you get something meaningful out of this experience that encourages you to continue with the already amazing work that you're doing every day.
TASK 1: WHY THESE LOCATIONS?
TASK 2: THE USER EXPERIENCE
TASK 3: PERSONALIZED LEARNING
VANGUARD = PERSONALIZED PD
- Choice and Voice: Members are able to choose the location for their professional development.
- Choice for Demonstrating Learning: Members will demonstrate their take-aways and reflections from the experience in a method of their choosing.
- Varied Strategies: PD is being given in a variety of formats for learning.
- Flexible Pacing: Members are able to complete the pre-work on their own time and at their own pace.