The Panther Post
May 22, 2023 Volume 55
- Welcome to week 38 everyone! LAST week of the 22-23 school year!!
- Please follow us on Twitter - @DMSPanthers1
- See "upcoming events" on our DMS calendar below DMS news and DMS Quicklinks.
- Please see the PTA link in the newsletter for more info on how to join!
- Week of May 22 - 26…DECAB block schedule Mon/Tues.
- NO Advisory Tuesday, May 23!!
- May 23-25...DMS final exam schedule is attached; see different block schedule each day!! (NO early final exams will be given; Make-up finals will be available May 30 via Schoology)
- Wed/Thurs there will be a 12:15 pm dismissal each day for ALL students!!
- Please see all the awesome events / activities below that are taking place at DMS!
May Lunch Menu
DMS Medication Pickup
It is that time of year again that we are reminding each student and upcoming students of the necessary requirements that need to be met for the upcoming school year. Students that are currently in the 6th grade and will be uprising to the 7th grade will need to be sure to have an updated Tdap, which is a state required immunization. Once this has been obtained an updated form with proof of immunization will need to be provided to your school of attendance. All 7th grade students will need to ensure that an updated, non-expired immunization record is given to your school nurse. The previously mentioned forms can be sent in via email at email@example.com.
Your DMS Nurse
Congratulations to Ms. Page for being named DMS Teacher of the Year!
May the 4th Be With You
FIRST Tech Challenge Robot Team
There is a new FIRST Tech Challenge robot team in Madison, and we are looking for team members.
This team will meet regularly during the summer, fall, and winter (2023-2024). We will design, build and program a robot, and will compete against other teams. Team members can expect to learn about CAD, 3D printing, programming, and general engineering concepts.
Anyone interested should contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
To learn more about FIRST Tech Challenge, you can visit www.firstinspires.org/robotics/ftc.
Did you know we have a top 10 high school film program at James Clemens? Jetspress alumni have enrolled in film schools nationwide including SCAD, Yale, and USC, and have former students working for companies like Marvel, Netflix, and CNN. Jetspress is looking for interested rising 5th-9th graders to try out filmmaking June 5-9. Over a week, your child will learn about scriptwriting, camera technique, audio, lighting, and editing as they work in a team to create their own film. Sign up today!
James Clemens High School
- Please ensure that your students adhere to the dress code. All clothing must meet appropriate guidelines as noted in the DMS Student Handbook and MCS Code of Conduct. Also, students may bring a jacket or sweater if they are cold; however, blankets and stuffed animals are not allowed as a cover at school.
- Attendance is very important. Please be sure to send absence notes to email@example.com whenever your student is absent from school.
- Students should arrive to class on time and be in their seats when the tardy bell rings.
- For morning drop off and afternoon dismissal, parking in the front northeast lot or in the loop at the front office will soon require a clearly marked parking pass. Those without this pass are asked to use the car line. Thanks to everyone for using the car line unless you have an "approved reason" from the DMS administration. Approved reasons are for SRO, medical/emergency, special needs, late arrival, etc. We are working for the safety of all of our students and staff at DMS. Thank you for your continued support!
Lost and Found
- Please encourage your students to check the DMS Lost & Found near the front office if they have misplaced any items.
- The Lost and Found will be cleared out on the first day of each month and unclaimed items will be donated to a worthy cause.