Colerain All Stars Newsletter
Week of Mar 28th
- Lunch Menu - posted below
- FEED-A-FRIEND - Wednesday, March 30th - Donations are very appreciated and can be dropped off at Room 17th up until the morning of the 30th.
- AT&T & Verizon Internet Hot Spots - Please return to school by the end of March. They are being turned off. If you need another one, a T-Mobile Hot Spot will be provided.
- 2022 - 2023 School Calendar - is being voted on by the Board in April. I will post once finalized so folks can plan accordingly.
- T-Shirts - orders are closed and being consolidated now. More details soon regarding availability date.
- Colerain Art Extravaganza - May 12th @ TBD - save the date for this in person event to view art and listen to music by Colerain Students. We will also be having a "How to be Successful in Middle School" workshop that night. More details coming soon.
School Start Time Survey
The District is exploring a number of options for new potential school start times, and at this time, there are no proposals under consideration. This survey period is an opportunity for the District to collect feedback from all the stakeholders who could be impacted by a potential change. In May, we will present recommendations to the Columbus Board of Education that include feedback from our students, families, staff, teachers union, and the greater community.
Please take survey here: https://tinyurl.com/CCSstart
CCS Summer Experience
Registration is open in the Parent Portal.
- Login to Parent Portal
- Select the "hamburger" (three horizontal lines) at the top/left of page
- Select "more"
- Scroll down to "Quick Links" and select "summer school"
- Select "next" to confirm info
- Select blue "New Summer School Application" button next to students name to complete application
***Colerain is NOT an option this year because of HVAC work going on this summer. Alpine Elementary, Indianola Informal, and AIMS are good options****
Dominion Middle School
If your student will be a 6th grader next year at Dominion MS, please complete this form to ensure your student gets the "electives" (art, band, drama, etc) that they want.
If your student is going to another middle school and you have not received this form/info, please let me know and I can put you in touch with the right folks.
CCS Virtual Family Engagement Sessions
Activate Your Parent Portal
Tuesday, March 29 - 6:00p - 7:00p (on Zoom)
Join our Virtual Family Engagement Session this Tuesday when we show step-by-step how you can securely access valuable information on your student’s teacher contact, grades and schedules, attendance, and missed assignments.
<registration link coming soon>
Summer Opportunity and Engagement #5
Thursday, March 31 - 6:00p - 7:00p (on Zoom)
Older students have a unique opportunity this summer to learn valuable skills and earn some extra money. Every Thursday evening in March, our Family Engagement team will spotlight different community partners and organizations across our city who offer special summer-time opportunities for CCS students. This Thursday’s Virtual Family Engagement Session will focus on summer internship and work opportunities for our middle and high school students.
<registration link coming soon>
Local Summer Camps
It's not too early to register for the many summer camps available around town:
Pathways Express - APRIL
Learners on the World Languages and Cultures path value the uniqueness of others, build global empathy, and expand communication skills.
More details here: https://www.ccsoh.us/Page/11279
Summer Opportunities & Engagement Fair (PreK - 12th Grade)
***43+ community partners offering programs!!!***
FREE Event and Parking. Join us to explore ways to keep your student engaged during the summer:
- Summer Camps and Programs
- Give-a-ways from Community Partners
- Summer employment, internships, and volunteer hours
- FREE Vaccine Locations (no appointment needed): see flyer below
- Ohio Department of Health: https://gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov/
- Columbus Public Health: https://www.columbus.gov/c19vax/
- Children's Hospital: https://www.nationwidechildrens.org/family-resources-education/health-wellness-and-safety-resources/covid-19/vaccine
- Your Pediatrician: call them to see if they are providing vaccines yet
- ***NEW - FREE Fresh Food Market (starting Saturday, March 19th @ 11a) - see flyer below for more details.
- Huckleberry House (CRISIS Shelter)
- Real Mom Nutrition (CCS mom and Family Ambassador)
- First Tee Central Ohio (FREE Golf Classes for CCS Students)
- Columbus Parks & Rec Summer Camp Registration (outdoor camp registration starts Thursday, February 24th at 7 pm indoor camp registration starts March 1st at 7 pm)
- Joseph's Coats (& household goods)
- Children's Advocacy Project
- Cota Plus (rides to and from your home...accessible vehicles per request)
- Black Mental Health
- Tutoring Resources
- Action for Children
- CCS Website
- CCS Parent Portal
- CCS Peach Jar Flyers (community resources)
- CCS School Year Calendar
- CCS Virtual Family Engagement Sessions (current and archived sessions)
- CCS Translated Documents
- CCS Health Hub
- CCS Quarantine Guidelines (and Flow Chart)
- Special Ed Parent Mentor Program
Colerain Family Ambassador - Matt Dixon
The Family Ambassador is a liaison that facilitates partnerships, between families and the school, that support student academic success and well being.
If you have any questions, ideas, or feedback, please reach out to me either phone or email.