Goodness Grows News
It's CSA Early Bird Deadline Month!
Juicy tomato sandwiches.
Buttery corn on the cob.
Spicy salsa loaded with fresh cilantro.
These are just a few of the delicious dishes that are on our minds as we look toward summer and the growing season.
If these sound good to you, you may want to consider subscribing to our Community Supported Agriculture program. Sign up and pay by March 31 to get the Early Bird price.
There are limited shares left!
If you are ready to subscribe or would like to chat with us about it, call 330-549-9408, email
Jen Lynch, use the "Contact Us" form on our website, or message us on Facebook. We promise to answer you as quickly as possible. Subscribing is super easy! All we need is your payment, name, email, and best contact phone number. Checks can be made out to Goodness Grows and mailed or dropped off to 2310 W. South Range Rd., North Lima, OH, 44452. We are usually available at Goodness Grows Monday through Friday from 9am-2pm.
Getting Ready for the Growing Season
What We've Been Up To
How Can You Support GG?
1. Online Shopping! ~ The Amazon Smile program has ended but we have created an Amazon Wishlist, if you would like an easy way to shop for some of our program needs. Our Wishlist
2. Volunteering! ~ Give of your time and get back lots of love & smiles! We enjoy having people pitch in to help with jam making, crafting, gardening...whatever we're working on. Maybe you even have a skill you could teach us!
3. Donating Items! ~ We are always in need of basic jam making supplies such as regular 8oz. canning jars, lids, sugar, and white vinegar. (We will gladly take your old 8oz. jam jars to reuse as well. GG works to be "green" and we love to reuse whatever we can! Jars and rings can be reused many times!)
4. Purchasing Our Products! ~ Proceeds from jam, crafts, and CSA shares go right back into our programs and our clients.
5. Charitable Giving! ~ As a small non-profit, Goodness Grows depends upon generous supporters who give monetary support. A contribution to Goodness Grows is tax-deductible, to the extent allowed by law. As you are pondering what organizations to support in this new year, please consider a gift (one-time or on-going) to Goodness Grows. Your donations help us to continue our mission of working with people of all abilities.
6. Practicing the "3 R's" - Reduce, Reuse, Recycle! ~ Donate your old 8oz. canning jars for jam making. We also accept jars of other sizes for various projects. Drop off your coffee grounds and clean egg shells for our garden compost. Donate reusable shopping bags that we can use for CSA pick up and for the October Coat & Clothing (& More!) Giveaway. Have clean, useable clothes and household items you no longer need? Donate those here to the Giveaway, providing us with an important project to work on and providing the community with a valuable resource that allows people to obtain needed goods.
7. Spreading the word! ~ Tell people about us and what we do. Let them know that we love volunteers and we host service project days for groups and we make darn good jam! Comment on our Facebook posts. Forward this newsletter to a friend. All of it helps!
There is good work being done right here and we would love for you to be a part of it!
Jungle Jam & Juicy Jam
Juicy Jam: Cranberry Orange - $7
Available at Reach for the STARS in Salem, in Columbiana at Living Luxe Designs and the Chamber of Commerce, and at GG.
We also have:
Organic Catnip Toys ~ handmade here, with our catnip - $4
Handmade Wine Cork Cat Toys ~ designed by our clients - $1
Apple Butter ~ $5 & $10 jars
GG T-Shirt ~ $15 assorted sizes
Harbel's Market News
We have loved being part of this fabulous local market during its inaugural year. We've met so many fantastic people, both customers and vendors! Great big thanks go out to Tracy Stuba and all who helped her bring Harbel's Market to life. The market is currently on break but we will keep you posted when it reopens. Keep an eye out for dates and special events.
This is definitely a local market that is worth visiting regularly!
Upcoming Fundraisers for Some of Our Local Non-profit Friends
The Little Black Cat Collective
"Our mission is to nourish precious bodies & souls by providing food, comfort & kindness to animals in need & compassion to those who love them. We can make a difference, one meal, one small act of kindness at a time. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the Youngstown, Ohio area, serving Mahoning County and surrounding communities."
"DIVA Donations is a 501c3 charity completely run by volunteers that has to date served over 3,500 DIVAs in 12 counties and 3 states. We provide a formal clothing closet for financially stressed families of teens, college students, and those serving in the military. We encourage youth in our community to pay it forward by using our #KindDeedCurrency Program."