Books,videos, and games
3 books reviewed on Tumblebooks
Author: Amy Krouse Rosenthal
Illustrator: Tom Lichtenheld
Faces of the Moon
Author: Bob Crelin
Illustrated by: Leslie Evans
Once Upon a Balloon
Author: Bree Galbraith
Illustrated by: Isabelle Malenfant
Best Features of Tumblebooks
- Reads the books out loud.
- Many ways to search for books, by title, author, subject, AR level, language, genre, or Lexile.
- Books in Spanish and French
- Highlights the sentences as it reads.
- Turns the pages automatically, has an option to let children turn the pages.
- Option to turn off sound to allow kids to read to themselves.
- Animated stories.
- Book report help
- Games and puzzles that help with spelling, verbs, and comprehension.
Limitations of Tumblebooks
- For children learning to read it would be helpful to highlight the word instead of the sentence as the story is being read out loud.
- ELL students might find it beneficial to see the words in English as the story is being read in another language.
- Only offers games to helps students with verbs, would be great if it had games for other parts of speech as well.
Uses in the classroom
- Helps students improve their reading level.
- Games are a great way to help with spelling and comprehension.
- Videos would be a great visual for lessons.
Videos from TumbleBooks