EAGLE MOUNTAIN NEWS & NOTES #22
February 1, 2016
I cannot begin this week without mentioning how incredibly impressive each team’s mini-Rise presentations have been! Each team exceeded our expectations & went the extra mile. We’ve had teams use power points, prezi’s & Emaze presentation tools. We’ve had teams use humor & demonstrate the camaraderie that’s prevalent on our teams. Every team has done a commendable job of highlighting their students & their teams’ priorities. Each team has also conveyed that they have grown from this experience. So, although we know it was time-consuming & stressful, please know that you can be VERY proud of the results, & Kelli & I thank you VERY much for putting your best foot forward! Thanks for shining!
We look forward to second grade’s presentation this week & fifth grade’s soon. Then we will finish with our Block/Specials team & our Math Coach & Literacy specialists & our Special Ed. Presentation. Again, THANK YOU for the amount of work you put into your mini-rise presentations – we really want to share them with Dr. Chadwell, Dr. Parker & Daniel Gallagher after everyone has finished presenting.
This week is National Counselor’s Appreciation week. Please take a moment & let Drew know you appreciate the work that he does. He just returned from a conference that he learned a lot from – ask him about it!
Essential Questions: Would You Want to Be a Student in Your Own Classroom?
- How do we consider what learning looks like to the students?
- What is an important question principals should ask themselves?
- What is the pathway to create better schools?
- How do we need to get past a growth mindset?
- How can schools create a culture of innovation and not just have a few teachers who are on fire for learning?
Important Information this week!
· This week we will have important benchmark testing going on in fourth & fifth grades. Thank you for taking them seriously!
· Our enrichment clubs went well on Friday, so please know that you are making a difference for kids & the feedback I’ve received about our Clubs has been overwhelmingly positive.
· Please take time to update your web-sites this week.
· Grades are due next Monday – Progress reports will go home next Tuesday
TOP TEN "FIRST IN MATH" AT EME AS OF 1/23/16
WORDS OF THE WEEK
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT VOCAB IS IN THIS SMORE
WEEK 3: MINI-RISE
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE:
Monday – PTA Board meeting, PLC’s meet, Drew is out today & tomorrow for a Counselor’s convention, Happy Birthday Kristin Mullen, 1st & 3rd grade CARE Team Meetings
Tuesday – Happy Birthday to Drew, Bryan out for EDGAR Financial Training at HCTC, Kinder & 2nd for CARE Team Meetings
Wednesday – Benchmark Testing 4th grade Writing, 5th grade Reading
Thursday – Benchmark Testing 5th grade Math, Dr. J’s Fundraising Assembly – 2PM
Friday – Amber will train you today during your planning periods, Clubs 1:45 – 2:30
- Kudos to Dedra Jones for the excellent Quad D presentation she delivered to us last week at our faculty meeting. The strategies she shared sound great, & I hope you will make an effort to try them in your classes. Dedra is a strong presenter & does a terrific job of leading our Quad D efforts/movement.
- Thumbs us to Sandy Hunter for leading the activity that correlated with our book study Mindset. Great activity Sandy!
- I sincerely appreciate the work our Design Team is doing! We met last week & are working on some ideas for next year that we will share soon that I think will help ensure that EME continues to move forward!
- Bravo to Leslie Hooe for leading the honor choir! They did a sensational choir performing at Boswell HS on Friday night. Leslie is doing some amazing work with our choir!
- Hats off to Drew this week for the great job he & Betsy O’Hara did of organizing our Dads Day on Saturday. We had an unbelievable turnout & our dads’ comments reflected their appreciation for the job we are doing with their kids. Thank you Drew for being a builder & for all you did to ensure that the event was successful…we are fortunate to have you at EME!