I am writing today to provide you with information regarding the items listed below. Although all of the information in this email may not pertain to everyone, I am sending it all at once to limit the number of emails that come your way. With that being stated, it is expected that you read the information associated with the first TWO bullets. If ever you need to access previous important information emails, please click here. This link will take you to a Google Doc that contains previous information.
AVID Food Drive
Our 8th grade AVID students will be holding a food drive this December. The food drive will begin on December 2nd, and run through December 20th. Their goal is to collect 2,500 items. Please drop-off items in front of the counseling office.
Admin Out of Building
I am writing to request your support Thursday morning. Mr. Berg and I will all be at the ESC at a meeting that concludes at 11:30. This will leave Mr. Loberg, Mr. Love and Ms. Ross alone to manage the building by themselves. While I am completely confident in their ability to do this, I am hoping that everyone could be supportive during this time. It would be helpful if you could be present in the hallway, actively ushering students to class and being a general visible presence during that time frame as your schedule allows. I am hoping that we will return by 1st lunch, but if we do not I am sure they would welcome your presence in the lunchroom.
Flexible Learning Days
- Click here to ensure that you are ready to implement a flex learning day if inclement weather requires a school closure. The link will take you to online training and resource materials to support your preparation. The training includes how to use Google Meets for students to be able to contact you via phone during office hours, how to access the flex learning day pre-built templates in Schoology for setting up your lessons, and how to take attendance during a flex learning day.
FAQWhy does North View Middle School partner with One2One Mentors: Take a look at the video below to find out why? Click here to be taken to more information about the One2One mentorship program. You can also click here to learn about the law enforcement training component of the program.
Informal walkthroughs continued this week. The informal walk-throughs are conducted by NVMS administrators and ILT members. Our goal is to ensure fidelity to our grade level engagement plan. One of the items we will be focusing our attention on for the next few weeks are Exit Directions. Exit Directions, not to be confused with end of class routines, provide our students with visual information about what they need during independent or small group work. They should include:
- What to do (Task)?
- How to do the task. (Steps, Key Information, etc.)
- Where to put the completed work when finished.
- What to do when done.
The chart below reflects the percentage of fidelity in each grade level and content area classrooms visited. For example, one hundred percent of the seventh grade classrooms visited displayed Exit Directions.
STEAM Challenge with Ms. Laudal
North View News
TIER THREE (RED ZONE) REFERRALS:
If you are reporting an incident that involves a threat to staff or student safety, please be sure to connect with Kim Sturdy personally. Because administrators are not always at our desks during the school day, emailing or leaving a message for us might not get a timely response. You can do this by calling her or stopping down to the administration office. If you are unsure about what a tier three incident is, please click here for that information.
If you receive an email that is suspicious, for example, asking for personal information, impersonating a member the district or district staff, don't reply, but instead forward the email to the Helpdesk.
The link found here will take you to a form to report any non-emergency conditions that could contribute to an unsafe school environment and/or to make suggestions that will improve school safety. When completing this form, it is not necessary to identify yourself*, but please be as specific as possible so we can respond effectively. All submissions will be reviewed daily and discussed at our weekly administrative meetings. This form should not be used in lieu of discipline referrals or to report emergency situations. If you have any questions about this form, please let me know and I will assist.
You can manually add both these links to your desktop. If you do not how to do manually add these links to your desktop, please watch the video found here.
Peer Observation Submission Link
The purpose of this form is to record licensed staff peer observation dates. All peer observations must be done by the mark reporting date of each trimester.
Reppin’ Knight Pride Certificates:
The form found here has been created to provide you with an opportunity to positively acknowledge our students who are showing Knight Pride. Students who are acknowledged by staff will be given a certificate, Knight Pride tickets as well as a positive phone call home to share this acknowledgement with their family members. Please consider nominating a student next week.
Chromebook Ticket Link:
This link that follows will take you to a form to report any iPad violations that occur in your area of supervision. Click here to access the iPad ticket icon.
Education Minnesota Representative
We, the staff at North View Middle School, commit to…
- Providing challenging academic opportunities that are relevant, engaging, culturally responsive, and rigorous.
- Providing a meaningful, encouraging and safe environment that fosters the whole child, and focuses on student strengths.
- Including data driven best practices and instruction that meets the academic and individual needs of our students, improves student achievement, and promotes growth.
- Engaging in continued professional development to ensure that we are aware of our students’ racial perspectives, challenge our biases, and include practices that serve our diverse student population.
- Providing effective collaborative partnerships with the entire school community by ensuring that we encourage multiple opportunities for involvement, communication, and access.
- Modeling and implementing daily engaging multi-level reading and writing strategies within our classrooms.
- Accepting responsibility for each student’s success and celebrate that success with our school community.