Maybury Weekly News
9.13.2021 Keeping Families Informed and in the KNOW!
Welcome to Week 5 Maybury Families and Scholars!
No School for Scholars Friday, September 17th
Academic Parent Teacher Team night 9/17/2021
This is not your "typical" parent teacher conference session. These sessions are provided to all parents and allow you to see where your scholar is academically as compared to the rest of the class and to receive your scholars beginning of the year ELA and Math NWEA MAP scores. Interim progress reports will also be included in your scholars data folder. FREE take home activities and materials for your scholar will be provided and YOU as the parent will be taught how to use the materials to assist your scholar at home! FREE food will be provided at ALL 4 sessions so please choose the time that best fits your needs. If you are unable to attend any of the sessions, please connect with your scholars teacher to receive your take home materials as well as your scholar's data folder!
Teachers and staff work hard with every scholar to ensure that scholars meet or exceed grade-level learning goals. We believe in all of our scholars and their capacity to learn and achieve academic success. We know, and educational research proves that when families support scholar learning at home, there is an increase in grades, attendance, learning attitudes, positive behavior, homework completion, social skills, state test results, and college attendance. APTT is a conference model intended to support all students in reaching their full academic potential.
APTT conferences include the following:
- An opportunity for parents to meet each other and build community
- A explanation of key grade level skills
- A review of scholar progress data
- A demonstration of activities to use at home and time to practice in small groups
- The establishment of academic goals
Please review the available slots by clicking the APTT Sign up button link below and selecting your scheduled session times. If you have multiple scholars attending, you'll likely want to attend the afternoon sessions so you can rotate through the classrooms as there is only one AM session offered.
9:15-10:00 am, 2:15-3:00 pm, 3:15-4:00 pm, 4:15-5:00 pm. You'll need to complete a sign up slot for each scholar session you plan on attending! Please complete ASAP so we can ensure we have enough food for everyone attending!
Recurring Weekly Information
The school day runs Monday-Friday from 8:00-3:30 pm. Breakfast will be served from 8:00-8:30. Masks are required for staff and scholars so please plan accordingly.
- COVID Guidelines: All scholars and staff must wear masks in the building. Please make sure your child has their own mask and that he/she is keeping it on and know it should cover their nose.
- Visitors will not be allowed in the building during school hours. This is for the health and safety of all scholars and staff. This includes parents/guardians. If you have a specific need we will meet you at the front door to best serve you.
- Your scholar may bring a refillable water bottle to school as we now have COVID safe, touchless drinking fountains.
- There have been several transportation issues with Columbus City Schools in regard to buses not running their am routes due to a driver shortage and most recently not doing pickup in the afternoons. Please take time out of your day to contact transportation and inform them of your issues and request that you be notified when routes change, pick up or drop off changes on their end and so forth. Unfortunately, transportation issues are not in the realm of our control, however we do fully understand the frustration this situation is causing our families. Contact transportation @ 614-365-5074
- Uniforms- Scholars will be required to wear uniforms this school year. Scholars may wear ANY color colored polo shirt (A+ logo NOT required) along with Khaki, Blue or Black pants. No hoodies, slides or open toed shoes.
- Cell Phones- Scholars will not be permitted to carry or use cell phones during school hours. Teachers will have scholars drop their phones in a box upon entry into their classrooms every morning. Any scholar caught with a phone during school hours will have it confiscated and we will only return the phone to a parent/guardian.
- Proof of Residency- if we haven't received your Proof of Residency yet, your scholar is NOT fully enrolled. This can be a copy of a utility bill or first page of your lease. Please take a picture and email to email@example.com. Scholars cannot begin school until this is completed.
Dress Down Day
- Scholars may dress down and wear jeans every Friday for $1.00. All other days, scholars MUST be in the appropriate uniform.
- Kickboard is the platform we use to track scholar behavior. Scholars will begin receiving their "scholar dollar" reports every Friday. Those scholars that return with a signed copy of their report on Monday will begin the week with an additional $5.00! Please reach out to your scholar's teacher if you need login information.
- Class Dojo is utilized to communicate large class level messages and to individually reach out to parents. Contact your scholar's teacher if you need access to Dojo as well.
- Please be mindful that your scholar is considered tardy and needs to be signed in as of 8:31 am.
- Please ensure you are picking your scholar up and/or have made arrangements to have them picked up promptly at 3:30 which is our dismissal time. There are no adults present on campus after 4:00 pm. Late pick ups will result in a verbal reminder, written warning and then we will need to contact Columbus City Police Department and/or Child Protective Services for further incidents.
- While we understand that scholars have doctor's appointments and other things that require them to leave early, please keep in mind that late drop off's and early pick-ups do result in scholars losing instructional time. The Ohio Department of Education tracks scholar instructional time in hours so consistently dropping off late and/or picking up early affects their attendance. If it is a necessary appointment, please provide the front office with appropriate documentation so that your scholar is excused
You MUST complete this form for any new families you are referring to us so you can receive the enrollment credit if/when they complete the application.
A+ Arts Academy: Where the PLUS means so much MORE!
A+ Arts Academy provides a personalized elementary and junior high school education for scholars in kindergarten through eighth grade. The PLUS stands for our school environment. Your child will be safe, protected, cared for and nurtured in an atmosphere that rewards learning, self-respect and dignity.
The mission of our schools is to be known for producing responsible and accountable scholars who demonstrate a strong sense of self-worth, leadership and moral values, ultimately becoming exceptional citizens. We serve scholars and families at three beautiful campuses in the Columbus, Ohio area:
Fair Campus K-6 | 1395 Fair Ave., Columbus OH 43205 | 614.725.1305
Maybury Campus K-6 | 2633 Maybury Rd., Columbus OH 43232 | 614.626.2250
Napoleon Campus 7 & 8 | 270 S. Napoleon Ave., Columbus, OH 43213 | 614.338.0767
Deputy Regional Director
Director of Operations
Front Office Manager
Physical Education & Health Teacher
Special Education Teacher
1st Grade Teacher
1st Grade Teacher
2nd Grade Teacher
2nd Grade Teacher
3rd Grade Teacher
4th Grade Teacher
5/6 ELA/SS/Humanities Teacher
5/6 Math & Science Teacher