Sundays From The Mesa # 8
Week of September 26-30, 2022
Friday is National "Hot Mulled Cider Day"
Here we are, at the end of the first month and officially halfway through the first trimester of the year. We have gotten off to a great start this year. Classes are hitting a wonderful groove as students continue to grow daily. I am so very proud of all of our students, staff, and families for their continued commitment to growth.
Fall has officially arrived! The temperatures are dropping and we've had our first taste of rainy weather. Be sure to check your weather app and make sure your children have dressed appropriately for the cooler weather.
We have one more week that we can accept our beginning of the year forms from parents. These forms are incredibly important for things like checking out library books, Chromebook usage, and the educational benefits form impacts district funding. Please make sure to check in with our office if you are unsure if you've completed these.
It's going to be another amazing week here at Alta Mesa School!!! Thank you for your continued support.
Ryan Miller- Principal Alta Mesa School.
We're going paperless!!! As a parent, you can get on top of filling these out prior to school!!! Please see this letter with links on how to fill out the "beginning of the year" forms.
Media and Yearbook Club: 4th and 5th Grade
Permission slips for 4th/5th grade Media and Yearbook Club are due on September 30th. Permission slips were handed out by teachers and can be picked up in the office.
2:30-3:30 Thursdays10/06, 10/20, 10/27, 11/03, 12/01, 12/08, 12/15, 1/12, 1/19, 1/26
Garden Club: 1st - 5th Grade
Be a part of the 2022/2023 Alta Mesa Garden Club! Please have your student ask their teacher for a permission slip (permission slips will also be available in the office). All permission slips will need to be turned in before the first Garden Club meeting (10/04/2022). If your child is participating in Cross Country they can sign-up for Garden Club and start when Cross Country is over.
2:15-3:00 Tuesdays 10/04, 10/11, 10/18, 10/25, 11/01, 11/08, 12/06, 1/24, 2/14, 3/14, 3/21, 3/28, 4/04, 4/18, 4/25, 5/02, 5/09, and 5/16
First Cross Country Meet at Lassen View
Thursday, Sep. 29th, 3-4:30pm
705 Loma Vista Drive
- Students will need to arrive at 2:45 pm, the first race starts at 3:00 pm
- Wear your Alta Mesa shirt or school colors (Blue, White, Red)
- Make sure to bring water for your student
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place ribbons will be given for each race (every student will receive a participation ribbon)
STEM Club: 1st - 5th Grade
1-2 Grade 2:30-3:30 Thursdays - 9/08, 9/15, 9/22, 9/29, 10/06, and 10/13
3-5 Grade 2:30-3:30 Tuesdays - 9/06, 9/13, 9/20, 9/27, 10/04, 10/11
Riffle Raffle (Formerly Known as Ducky Derby)
Riffle Raffle tickets are available now! You may ask your student's teacher or see the office for tickets. This is a great fundraiser because 100% of the money raised returns to Alta Mesa School.
Alta Mesa School Prizes:
- Top selling class will earn a pizza party
- The second place class will earn a popsicle party
- Every student that sells at least 5 tickets will get to throw a pie in Mr. Miller's face
- Submit completed order forms and money to your student's teacher every Friday
- Final date to submit forms and money will be Monday, October 10th
Please see the flyer below for more information!
ALL MONDAYS ARE MINIMUM DAY - DISMISSAL 1:20 FOR ALL GRADES
- 09/29 - Cross Country Meet at Lassen View (3:00-4:30)
- 09/30 - Media and Yearbook Club permission slips due
- 10/04 - Garden Club permission slips due
- 10/06 - Picture Retake Day
- 10/06 - Cross Country Meet at Alta Mesa (3:00-4:30)
- 10/10 - Riffle Raffle tickets due
- 10/10 - Hernandez/Ross Field trip to Nash Farm
- 10/11 - Booster Club meeting in the library (6:00-7:00)
- 10/13 - Cross Country Meet at Mistletoe (3:00-4:30)
- 10/14 - 1st grade field trip to Nash Farm
- 10/14 - 3rd grade field trip to Turtle Bay
We post a lot of the fun things that happen around our campus. Follow along with us!