From the Principal's Desk
It is hard to believe that it is already May! We are so proud of our children. They continue to learn and grow as students. Our 3rd-5th grade students have finished part of our state testing and we will conclude testing in May. They are doing a great job!
We have so many school events during the month of May. Please check your child's weekly newsletter and our website for upcoming events. Also, if you have a chance to join us for lunch, please do so.
If you would like to serve on our School Improvement Plan (SIC) next year, please contact Mrs. Jackson @ 355-4600.
Library End of Year Dates
May 9: Last day to check out library books
May 13: All library books are due!
This year if every student turns in his or her library books on May 13, Mrs. Imms will give the whole school ice pops.
Notes from the Music Room
Field Day 2016
Field Day is Friday, May 20th, and fast approaching! Here are a few reminders:
- Parents are welcome to come to Field Day and watch your child have a great time.
- Our volunteers will be the Blue Ridge Football team again this year!
- Water and a snack will be provided for each student, teacher, and volunteer. Parents are encouraged to bring personal water as Field Day will be outside for most of the day!
- Please remind your child to wear athletic clothes, tennis shoes, and sunscreen for Field Day.
- Although, our Field Day does consist of lots of water, students are NOT permitted to wear bathing suits.