Cleanse & Restore
A Clean Start to 2016
Prepare and Begin
This is a powerful time to strengthen your physical body and clear out the unwanted toxins and residue. The holidays have just passed, we have taken in more than we usually do, and we will be just beginning a new year! During these 30 days with intention, purpose and commitment you will fortify your actions towards making healthier choices in your day to day lives. I honor your willingness and courage to commit to yourself in this process. While this is a guided program, please also know that this can be as deep as you want it to be, or as simple as you need it to be. It can be personalized to meet your individual heath needs and goals.
Please be sure you have been added to the "secret" Facebook group for updates I will offer, community sharing of additional recipes, and extra support in the more difficult moments. I will also be available for questions on the group as well.
There are 3 levels of participation. Please take a moment to commit to the level that feels appropriate to you.
First 10 days
- Begin each day will an 8 ounce glass of room temperature water, with 1 drop of doTERRA Lemon essential oil, and the juice of 1/2 lemon or lime.
- Throughout the day continuing with 8 more glasses of pure room temp or warm water.
- Throughout the entire program a very important foundational layer is being sure that proper nutrition is feeling the body. Begin taking the Life Long Vitality pack as soon as possible.
- Add in Slim and Sassy essential oil or soft gels. This blend wonderfully supports our metabolism and pulls out toxins so that we can release extra fat that is being stored, and it can turn into the energy that our bodies need. Take 1 capsule 3 times a day, or 5 drops of the oil in your water 3 times a day. Please use a glass container if you are adding the oil to water.
- Terrazyme - These very important enzymes will help metabolize your food, and break it down so that your energy can be focused on breaking down fats, and elimination of toxins and debris.
- Zendocrine detoxification soft gels (or Zendocrine essential oil blend) - This formula helps cleanse the body of toxins and free radicals that slow the body down that leave a heavy and bloated feeling. This blend promotes healthy liver function, and supports a health endocrine system. 1 or 2 capsules a day. You can start with 1 and increase after the first 10 days, to minimize any cleansing symptoms.
- Zendocrine Detoxification Complex - this complex supports the bodies filtering and waste management system within the liver, kidneys, colon, lungs and skin. 1- 2 a day, this is a personal choice.
All of the above will be continued throughout the full 30 days. These will prepare your body for the next step.
Day 10 - 20
- Begin taking the GX assist. This is the intestinal tract cleansing formula. Take 1-3 capsules a day, with food. This helps support a healthy digestive tract, it includes Oregano, Melaleuca, Lemon, Lemongrass, Thyme, Peppermint and Caprylic Acid. This is a strong formula which will clear out the system and not to be taken longer than 10 days in a row.
Day 20 - 30
- PB assist - take 1 capsule with each meal. This is the probiotic defense formula. Delivers 6 billion CFU's of active probiotic cultures and soluable pre - biotic FOS that encourages adhesion and growth of the the good bacteria in our digestive tract. It is time released to protect sensitive probiotic cultures from stomach acid. This supports our immunity as well .
Here are some levels of dietary participation you can commit to:
Level 1 - Utilizing the cleansing protocol, tools, recipes provided. Recommended diet will be large amounts of vegetables, soups, stews, some smoothies, salads, proteins (vegetarian or meat) *good for the first time cleanser.
Level 2 - The same as above, including a pause on all caffeine and alcohol. *great for clarity
Level 3 - The same as the Level 2, with the additional elimination of white sugars, gluten and most grains. Best for additional weight loss support.
Additional Recommendations for the Full Program
Fall in love with Rest & Sleep Creating a peaceful bedtime ritual, going to bed by 10 can completely rewire your endocrine system. During these winter months, the sun goes down quite early, and our bodies are ready for extra sleep. We are restoring our bodies, and clearing out waste and toxins, which is work. Rest, take naps if needed, and support your adrenals with an early bedtime. Diffuse essential oils like lavender, breathe, vetiver in the bedroom about 20 minutes before heading to sleep. Treat your bedroom like the sanctuary that it is.
Create a Routine of Exercise & Movement & Sweating
Schedule and carve out 4 days a week that you can create movement for an hour. Ideally your will get your pulse up, and some sweating will occur for at least 20 minutes. Commit to joining a gym, a dance class, yoga or pilates. Invest in your health and fitness by committing to this. On your days off, take at least a 20 minute walk, move your body, stretch, breath, and relax. You will have more energy, stamina, and increase your metabolism.
Eat Simply - Cut out all processed foods. Eat Fresh fruits, Vegetables lightly steamed, and if you choose to eat meat, please only choose organically raised animals. Make large pots of soups to enjoy and make this a simple process, see below for a recipe. Bone broths are great to incorporate for gut healing and miso soup is a nice vegetarian alternative. Lightly snack on nuts and beans as these are potential allergen foods, observe how you feel after you eat these.
Mindfulness - Slow down while eating. Limit your technology while enjoying your meals. Observe your reaction to foods. Do you experience gas and/or bloating or a loss of energy after a meal? Do you feel vitalized and energized by your meal? Keep track so you can learn what foods are best to support your body, and which ones may be best to limit or shift your choices to something new.
Some Meal suggestions
Eggs with greens (balances out the acidity of the eggs). Can be a salad or lightly steamed or sautéed
- 1/2 Avocado with a bowl of oatmeal
- Occasional protein smoothie with nut milk
- Veggie smoothie with ginger and turmeric (see recipe)
- Miso soup
- Bone broth
Avocado or guacamole with lightly steamed veggies
Hummus with carrots, cucumbers, raw broccoli
Salad with olive oil, lemon, pumpkin or sesame seeds, sprouts
Vegetable or chicken soup
Smoothie with coconut oil, nut butter and choice of 2 fruits
- Nut butter on carrots or cucumbers, sunflower seed butter is a favorite, limit this to a few times a week for best results (can be mucus provoking)
- Turkey, Chicken breast on salad, or with steamed veggies (for those that eat meat)
Fruit (apples, bananas, berries, pears)
- Raw veggies
Steamed veggies with quinoa
Rice, beans and avocado
Soup or vegetarian chili
- Salad with seeds, vegetables, seaweed
- Spagetti Squash with tomatoes and basil and olives (see recipe)
- Baked sweet potato with broccoli or cauliflower and coconut oil
- lightly sautéed veggies and gluten free organic pasta (coconut oil, umeboshi vinegar (plum) and gomasio to garnish)
- Steamed Artichokes
- Romaine lettuce grass fed beef tacos.
Days 10, 11, 12 - Cabbage Soup Cleanse (optional)
These days some of us we will commit to an additional 3 day cabbage soup cleanse. If you choose to skip this, please continue in your process. This is one of the easiest, quickest and delicious ways to detoxify. This will also help you safely lose weight. The soup also contains onions and garlic which are good sources of sulfur that helps detox toxic metals. Sulfur containing foods help to ensure that the Sulfation detox pathway in the liver is working well. Sulfation is the way the liver detoxes some drugs, food additives, toxins from intestinal bacteria, and some environmental toxins.
Cabbage soup Ingredients
- 1 large cabbage
- 3 large carrorts
- 2 large onions
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 bunch of celery
1 large head of fennel
3 inch piece of fresh ginger root grated or finely chopped
6 – 9 large tomatoes or 1 - 14 oz boxed organic tomatoes
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 stems lemon grass finely chopped (optional)
serve with lemon juice.
Chop all vegetables into small cube sizes. Chop garlic smaller.
In a large soup pot lightly sauté garlic, leeks and onions in olive oil. Add chopped celery and carrots once onions are translucent. Next, add the cabbage.
Then add Lemongrass and tomato puree.
Cover with filtered water (not tap water). Bring to a boil and cook on high heat for 10 minutes then bring the heat down to a simmer for about an hour and untill vegetables are tender.
Add lemon juice and pepper to taste for each serving.
- Allow to cool and refrigerate.
- Remove individual portions and reheat as needed.
** You may also eat fruits and veggies while doing the cabbage cleanse on these 3 days.
Green Smoothie Recipe for Winter
This is the best to make in the morning and then put in a jar for the day, to drink as a snack or throughout the day, great way to get so many wonderful nutrients in!! I love it, and I hope you will too. It is cold, so if you choose to have it the morning, have some herbal tea before you enjoy this to fuel your digestive fire.
- 1 young coconut (water and the meat scraped out)
(Or you can use a cup of boxed coconut water and spoon of coconut oil)
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 leaves of kale, Swiss chard, spinach, romaine lettuce, bok choy, or any mixture of these. * This you can vary, depending on what you like and what is in the house)
- Some parsley and or cilantro (can use 1 drop of doTERRA oil for heavy metal detox)
- 1 peeled lemon (the seeds are ok, they will blend up) the lemon is key to balance out the bitter flavor of the raw greens. With the rind it is much more bitter.
- You can add 1/2 a mango, if you like a sweeter flavor) .
- A small piece of ginger, peeled, or 1 drop of doTERRA ginger oil.
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon Turmeric (peeled or dried spice)
- Cinnamon, to flavor
- A pinch of salt
*Blend, for longer than you think, depending of the power of your blender!
Then, you can add a ½ an avocado at the end (so it doesn’t get too frothy and remains creamy). Then blend again for a few moments.
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 2 yellow onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 boxes of organic tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 cup of kalamata olives
- fresh basil if possible
- can add steamed broccoli
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut spaghetti squash lengthwise in half and place cut side down on the lightly oiled baking sheet, (previously remove and discard seeds) and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a sharp knife can be inserted with only a little resistance. Remove squash from oven and set aside to cool enough to be easily handled.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir chopped onions in oil until translucent (aka "sweat the onions"). Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and paste and cook until tomatoes are warmed through.
- Add olives in the end to warm
- Use a large spoon to scoop the stringy pulp from the squash and place in a medium bowl. Toss with sauce and any extra vegetables, and basil.
This can also be made with homemade pesto sauce.
Community and Support
Support Calls 5pm Pacific Time
Sundays - January 3rd, 10th, 17th
Monday - 25th (final call)
These calls are for questions, a place to check in, and additionally I will offer some education on how the products are working in the detoxification pathway.
I will post the link to the calls on our Facebook group if you can not attend live.
Lastly, I hope to hear from you on the Facebook group if any questions or challenges come up before our weekly calls.
Thanks so much for taking this journey with me.