By: Sydney Wine and McKenna Locklear Date: 3-10-15 P: 1-7
- The freezing temperatures are comfortable for the dogs
- Dogs are forced to run in very bad weather
- Dogs prefer cold weather over hot
- The most important way to take care of your dog is to keep it warm
- The dogs have heavy layered coats
- They have short ears
- Hard foot pads
- The dogs are loyal
- Muscular and physical strength are very important
- They have different dogs for different positions
- Dogs and mushers are very close to each other
- To reward the dogs after the race, they get the best food!
- The most important thing about training a dog is to keep a set training schedule
- They are excited to start the race
- They were first used on the expedition to reach the North and South pole
Nightingale, Dave. "Iditarod." World Book Student. World Book, 2015. Web. 3 Mar. 2015.
Forsberg, Will."Dogsledding." Encyclopedia Americana. Grolier Online, 2015. Web. 3 Mar. 2015
"A Sled Dog Life." Iditarod. Scholastic Inc., 2015. Web. 04 Mar. 2015.