What's Happening at Sparkman HS/S9
Monday, August 3-8, 2015
Updates to this newsletter
- The online Free/Reduced meal application for the 2015-2016 school year is now available on the Madison County Schools web page at: https://mealapps.madison.k12.al.us/lfserver/frapplication. If you feel you qualify, we encourage you to complete the application on line. If you complete an application on line, you will not need to complete a paper application when returning to school this August.
- The 2016 Senator Yearbook is on sale now. The cost is $80. You can order at My School Fees (link on SHS homepage) or in Room 127 before of after school.
- S9 FCA and First Priority will begin meeting August 13 at 7:50 AM in the S9 Auditorium.
- The Madison County BOE will meet Thursday, August 6 at 5:15 PM at Central Office Auditorium. Meetings are open to the public.
- The Agenda is at this link: https://www.madison.k12.al.us/…/Board…/Agenda%2008-06-15.pdf
- Sparkman Swim Team Meeting for anyone interested in swimming for SHS on Thursday, August 6th at 5:30 in room 136, Coach Davis' room. If you have any questions contact Rebecca Hammer on the Swim Team Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/221586647868856/?ref=bookmarks or Coach Davis.
- We have a little bad news for SHS students who have been using the microwaves in the cafeteria. It has been determined that the electrical wiring capacity in the cafeteria isn't sufficient to operate the cafeteria equipment and the microwaves too; so unfortunately, the microwaves have been removed. We appreciate our Sparkman PTO for providing the microwaves the past few years and regret that students will no longer be able to heat lunches at school.
- Pre-order your Sparkman Senators Fleece Blanket $2050 x 60 black fleece with Sparkman Logo in corner: $20 each pre-pay only. You may send check(SHSPTO) or cash in a sealed envelope addressed to Sparkman PTO to the SHS or S9 office. You may also pay online at My School Fees on the SHS website. Look for PTO heading, then blanket. Please include in the comments section: your name, student's name, an email and telephone number. Last day to order is August 26! Contact Sparkman PTO with questions: SparkmanHighPTO@gmail.com
- Our SHS Counselors are working diligently to get those schedule issues fixed and we appreciate the hard work and long hours they are putting in to complete the job as quickly as possible. Thanks to everyone for your patience!
BACK TO SCHOOL INFO!
Thanks for your patience!
Bus routes are also in an adjustment phase and once the route logistics are worked out, then pick up/drop off times should be fairly consistent throughout the year. Please let our schools offices know your concerns. Our administrators need know of the problem areas, so they can be fixed.
SHS and S9 Bell Schedules:
Car Rider- SHS
Car Rider- S9
Afternoon- Girls should be picked up in front of the S9 office doors and Boys at the Gym/Cafeteria doors.
Monday, August 3
- SHS Students should report to homeroom upon arrival at SHS. Homeroom rosters will be posted in the hallways by grade level. Students are placed alphabetically into homerooms.
- Have an Awesome first day Senators!
Tuesday, August 4
- Reminder: The Sparkman Senators Day Make-up that was scheduled for Aug 4 has been CANCELLED! Make up photos will be Aug 13; Parking Decals may be purchased during lunch over the next 2 weeks; course fees may be paid to teachers or via My School Fees online(Blue Button on SHS Website); PTO membership may also be paid on My School Fees.
- Quarterback Club Meeting- 6:30pm in the SHS Field House.
Wednesday, August 5
Thursday, August 6
- S9 FCA and First Priority will begin meeting Thursday, August 13th @ 7:50 am in the Auditorium. See Coach Campbell for details.
- Lockers will be sold during lunch this Thursday, 8/6/15. The cost is $12 and includes a Sparkman Senators Cinch Sack. See below for photo of Spirit Pack Items/Prices.
- Madison County BOE Meeting- 5:15 PM Central Office Auditorium. Meetings are open to the public and parents, students, and teachers are urged to attend.
- Swim Team Meeting for anyone interested in swimming for SHS, tonight (August 6th) at 5:30 in room 136, Coach Davis' room. If you have any questions contact Rebecca Hammer on the Swim Team Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/221586647868856/?ref=bookmarks
Friday, August 7
Saturday, August 8
- Sophomore Class Welcome Back Picnic
S9 Spirit Packs
#1- ($35) T-shirt, cinch bag, lanyard with flash drive, and locker
#2- ($15) T-shirt and locker
#3- ($15) Lanyard with flash drive and locker
#4- ($12) Cinch bag and locker
- August 11- Post-Secondary Planning Seminar- 4 PM SHS Cafeteria
- August 11- JROTC Booster Club Meeting- 6:30 PM SHS Cafeteria
- August 18- Band Booster Meeting- 6PM SHS Cafeteria
- August 20- Progress Reports
- August 20- SHS OPEN HOUSE- 5:30 Gym 1
- August 21- Sparkman Football Jamboree vs Albertville 7 PM Senator Stadium
- August 22- Sparkman Band Car Show- 7 AM at SHS Parking Lot
- August 22- Sparkman Football- Walk for Water at 10 AM at Senator Track
- August 24- Sparkman JV Football @ James Clemens 7 PM
- August 25- Post-Secondary Planning Seminar- 4 PM SHS Cafeteria
- August 28- Sparkman Varsity Football @ Scottsboro 7 PM
- August 31- Sparkman JV Football vs Madison Academy 7 PM at Senator Stadium
- September 4- Sparkman Varsity Football @ Gadsden City 7 PM
- September 5- SHS PeeWee Cheer Clinic
- September 7- Labor Day- NO SCHOOL
- September 8- Post-Secondary Planning Seminar- 4 PM SHS Cafeteria
- September 10- Progress Reports
- September 11- Sparkman Varsity Football vs Bob Jones 7 PM Senator Stadium
- September 12- ACT
- September 14- Sparkman JV Football @ Bob Jones 7 PM
- September 18- Sparkman Varsity Football at Huntsville 7 PM
- September 19- Sparkman Arts Festival(See flyer below)
- September 21- Sparkman JV Football vs Huntsville 7 PM Senator Stadium
- September 22- National Honor Society Induction 7 PM at Mt. Zion Baptist Church
- September 25- Sparkman Football vs Russellville 7 PM HOMECOMING
- September 26- AP English Prep Session at SHS
- September 28- Sparkman JV Football vs Grissom 7 PM Senator Stadium
- September 28- Post-Secondary Planning Seminar- 4 PM SHS Cafeteria
SHS Open House
Make-up Yearbook/Student ID Photos
Sparkman Cheerleading's Golf Tournament
Sparkman Football hosts Walk for Water
ACT and SAT Information
Join Sparkman PTO
Host receptions and events for SHS and S9
Purchase microwave ovens for SHS and S9 students and teachers to use in cafeterias
Supply water and snacks to our Junior Class on ACT day in April
Support SHS and S9 students, clubs, and teachers financially
Christmas and Faculty/Staff Appreciation luncheons
Pre-order your Sparkman Senators Fleece Blanket $20
Last day to order is August 26!
Contact Sparkman PTO with questions: SparkmanHighPTO@gmail.com
Sparkman Car Window Stickers $2
Sparkman Shopping Bags
Back by popular demand....Sparkman Volleyball is selling the long-sleeve shirts with Sparkman Senators across the back, that were sold last year. Deadline for payment and order is Aug 24. Order form and information in this flyer! Please see a Volleyball player or contact Lynn Mayes email@example.com with questions.
Sparkman Senators Football- Varsity
Sparkman Senators Football- JV/Freshman
Sparkman Swim Team
Get emailed updates from S9 and SHS by signing up to our Listserv.