Staff Update, 2/10/2020
Glows and Grows
Grows: How do you purposefully support and scaffold meaningful, rich, regular academic conversations in your classroom? I look forward to seeing these play out during my classroom visits this month.
1. Students may enter campus for breakfast and/or game room starting at 7:50 via the red door. They must enter and report directly to their destination.
2. The main gates go up at 8:10. Students should report to morning PE as soon as possible. If they are here at 8:10, they may hang up backpacks (or follow whatever routine you have set for your students).
3. The first bell rings at 8:15 and this is the reminder to clear the MPR and quad and to hurry to morning PE.
4. The second bell rings at 8:20 and students must be with you by that time.
We have limited supervision capacity in the MPR and quad and yard. Please pitch in and kindly welcome and move students along to morning PE.
Please note we want to get all makeups done as soon as possible. Classroom teachers are responsible for attempting to get those makeups done in the class. If you are unable to finish them or you have a straggler, I will attempt to help.
Software Justification/Youtube Access
Also, as previewed in our staff meeting in January, Youtube Access has been granted to students. The use of Youtube on the campus network and in your classroom is something you should decide on and monitor. I look forward to seeing how it is used in various classes!
2/10: Battle of Books, Round 1, Ed Services PD @ 3:00
2/12: Site Leadership Meeting @ 2:45, School Site Council @ 4:45
2/13: Student of the Month Lunch
2/14, 2/17: No School, School Closed
2/18: Martha Lacy Visit, ELPAC Window Opens
2/19: GVMS Visits for 5th grade @ 8:30
2/20: MAP Window Closes
Work with Lori Taylor
3rd Grade @ Mundy---2/4/2020
4th Grade @ Mundy---2/5/2020
5th Grade @ Mundy---2/6/2020
5th Grade @ CH---3/17/2020
4th Grade @ CH---3/18/2020
3rd Grade @ CH---3/19/2020
Attendance, Student and Staff/Reminder!
If you are concerned about a student who is missing school, reach out to the family or to Karen and we will work on making a contact with a family to chat through whatever is going on. Sometimes, a postcard or good news referral for a student missing school goes a long way.
Remember, I track school wide attendance here! One of the best things we can do to find success for our students is to celebrate their presence and to make sure we are the ones leading them each day! Thanks for your commitment.
1. Please let me know if you have submitted a Donors Choose project. Send me the link and I will be sure to include it in my parent newsletter and on our Facebook page.
2. If the project includes furniture, it must be approved by our purchasing department. If you send me the specs ahead of time, I have no issue sending it to the appropriate staff for approval.
3. Send me any photos AFTER the arrival of the project and I will also include that in any parent newsletter/FB/IG post.