By: Reily Nelson
- Alaska and California are the only two states that do not require athletic training license or other registration with the state
- over 70% of Certified Athletic Trainers possess a masters degree or higher
- March is National Athletic Training Month
- There are roughly 350 accredited athletic training education programs in the United States
- Athletic Trainers are trained in CPR and AED use.
An athletic trainer (AT) is an allied health professional specializing in the prevention, evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries and illnesses.
Is there s minor in Athletic Training?
No, there are no minors offered at EKU in the field of athletic training because certification and state credentialing standards require anyone sitting for the board of certification (BOC) exam and/or to qualify for state certification must be BOC certified and BOC certification requires completion of a BS in athletic training form a CAATE accreditation program