SkillsUSA Leadership & Skills Conf.
SPECIAL ADDITION-IMPORTANT INFORMATION
50 YEARS OF CHAMPIONS AT WORK
Our engines are revving up…Indiana is racing towards a Skillful future
STATE CONFERENCE REGISTRATION ENDS THIS FRIDAY MARCH 13TH @ 10:00 p.m.
Check for contest updates on the state conference tab under contest updates for Task and Materials lists for your contests. They are being posted daily as they are received from the Technical Chairs. IF YOU DO NOT SEE ONE FOR YOUR CONTEST, PLEASE DEFAULT TO NATIONAL TECHNICAL STANDARDS.
REGISTRATION IS AT THE STATE FAIR GROUNDS- EXPOSITION HALL, 1202 E. 38TH ST., INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46205 between 9:00 am and 12:15 pm ONLY!
***Culinary Arts and Restaurant Services will register at Ivy Tech, 2801 N Meridian St., Indianapolis, IN at 10:00 am. They will take the PDT test at this time. At 11:00 am, registration for your contest with Ivy Tech will start and unloading to prepare for your contest.
PDT TESTING UPDATES:
Those competing on Friday have the following PDT test schedule:
- Culinary Arts and Restaurant Services will take the test at 10:00 am @ Ivy Tech
- ALL Leadership contestants will take the PDT at Area 31 upon arrival prior to their contests.
- Welding Fab will take the PDT at the Exposition Hall after Opening Ceremony prior to buses leaving for competition at J Everett Light
- TeamWorks will take the PDT at the Exposition Hall after Opening Ceremony prior to their contest at the Exposition Hall.
Those competing on Saturday have the following PDT test options:
- At registration, IF AND ONLY IF YOU ARE REGISTERED PRIOR TO 11:30 am at the Exposition Hall, you will be allowed to take the PDT test. NO TEST WILL BEGIN AFTER 11:30 am!
- If you don't take it prior to 11:30 am you can take it at the Crowne Plaza Hotel between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm.
*AWARDS CEREMONY DRESS CODE*
A Dress Code will be enforced during the Awards Ceremony. To accept an award “on-stage”, the student must wear the “Official SkillsUSA Uniform”, State T-Shirt or the competition attire. NO SHORTS OR HATS!!! This will be strictly enforced.
CONTEST LOCATION SITES
- Ivy Tech- Culinary Arts and Restaurant Services (starting at 10:00 am registration)
- Area 31- all leadership contests
- J Everett Light- Welding Fabrication
- Exposition Hall- TeamWorks
Art Institute of Indianapolis- 3500 Depauw Blvd, Indpls., IN 46268
- 3D Visualization & Animation
- Advertising Design
Area 31- 1200 N Girls School Road, Door #17, Indpls., IN 46214
- Architectural Drafting
- Dental Assisting
- Early Childhood Education
- First Aid/CPR
- Information Technology Services
- Nursing Assisting
- Sheet Metal
- Technical Drafting
- Web Design
Carrier Corp- 7310 W Morris St., Indpls., IN
Wayne Township Fire Department- 700 N High School Rd, Indpls, IN
- Fire Fighting
Plumbers Union- 3747 S High School Rd, Indpls., IN
J Everett Light- 1901 E. 86th St. Door #3 , Indpls., IN
- Nail Care
Ivy Tech Community College- 2601 N Meridian St., Indpls., IN
- Computer Programming- Room not assigned yet by school
- Internetworkings- Room not assigned yet by school
- Technical Computer Applications- Room not assigned yet by school
- CNC Milling- Glick Bldg
- CNC Techician- Glick Bldg
- CNC Turning- Glick Bldg
- Precision Machining- Glick Bldg
Ivy Tech Community College- 2801 N Meridian St., Indpls., IN
- Commercial Baking
Lincoln Tech- 7225 Winton Dr. Indpls., IN
- Automotive Service Tech
- Diesel Equip Tech
- Marine Service Tech
- Motorcycle Service Tech
- Power Equipment Tech
Lincoln Tech- 5022 W. 79th St., Indpls., IN
- Automotive Refinishing
- Collision Repair
Exposition Hall- Indiana State Fairgrounds- 1202 E. 38th St., Indpls., IN
- Audio/Radio Production
- Building Maint.
- Crime Scene Investigation
- Criminal Justice
- Digital Cinema Productions
- Electrical Construction Wiring
- Electronic Technology
- Industrial Motor Control
- Mobile Robotics
- TeamWorks (Sponsored by Lowe's)
- Television (Video) Production
- Welding Sculpture
- Employment Project
Transportation will be provided as follows:
- No transportation will be going to IVY Tech for Culinary Arts and Restaurant Service due to amount of equipment.
- Buses will leave the Exposition Hall, after Opening Ceremony, for Area 31 and J Everett Light Contests. They will be taken to the contest site for contests and at the conclusion of the contests they will be returned by bus to the Crowne Plaza Airport Door A, 2501 S. High School Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46241
- Everyone not competing on Friday should head to the hotels assigned for check-in.
- Commercial Baking will provide their own transportation to and from their contest at Ivy Tech due to equipment.
- Contests held at the Exposition Hall will need to provide their own transportation to that location since all contestants will arrive at the Exposition Hall after contests end for festivities and Awards Ceremony.
- All OFF-SITE contests (Not at Exposition Hall) will have transportation provided to the contest site from the Crowne Plaza Hotel 2501 S. High School Rd. Door A and then returned to Exposition Hall at the conclusion of the contests. These buses will be boarding between 6:30 am and 6:45 am for prompt departure at 7:00 am. There are no late buses for stragglers. Contestants should ride in provided transportation by SkillsUSA Indiana during the Conference, unless otherwise noted and arranged.
- Exposition Hall will have concessions open for food purchase prior to and after the Opening Ceremony. HOWEVER, THE BUSES WILL LEAVE ON TIME FOR THOSE HAVING A CONTEST. DO NOT GET STUCK IN LINE AND MISS THE BUS, THERE WILL BE NO LATE BUS PROVIDED.
- Area 31- Will have food for purchase
- J Everett Light- Vending machines available
- Ivy Tech- waiting on details from school (will update as soon as it is available)
- Breakfast provided at hotel prior to buses departing
- Exposition Hall will have concessions open for food purchase.
Special Needs: If needed please fill out and email forms to email@example.com by April 1st, 2015. Download from the state website under state conference tab.
Awards Ceremony Attendance Exemption form: Will be available at the Headquarters at the conference. Must be filled out and turned in at
Hotel assignments will be included in the registration packets. If you need to know which hotel you will be assigned please email firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL HOTEL AND REGISTRATION FEES MUST ARRIVE BY MARCH 27, 2015 *unless PRIOR arrangements have been made.
NEW THIS YEAR
- Moving to the Indiana State Fairgrounds - 17 contests will be held in the Exposition Hall. Observation of more contests!
- Opening Ceremony will immediately follow registration at 12:30 pm at the Exposition Hall. There will be a brief orientation prior to the ceremony. It is suggested by the Board of Directors that all registered students and advisors attend!
- Leadership sessions for the students at the Crowne Plaza
- Professional Development for Advisors at the Crowne Plaza
- Hospitality Room at the Crowne Plaza for advisors on Friday
- Career Fair at the Exposition Hall and other festivities.