The Panther Post
November 14, 2022 Volume 32
- Welcome to week 15 everyone!
- Please follow us on Twitter - @DMSPanthers1
- See "upcoming events" on our DMS calendar below DMS news and DMS Quicklinks.
- Please see the PTA link in the newsletter for more info on how to join!
- Week of Nov 14-18…BACED schedule with advisory Tuesday (Topic: Gratitude)
- PLEASE encourage your students to get to school by 8:15 am and follow each class transition on time (5 minutes between classes) or receive AM or PM detention.
- Please remember that students are allowed 5 parent notes per semester.
- The DMS PTA "No Fuss" fundraiser is still active. See the DMS newsletter, a PTA rep or your child for more information with super awesome incentives that will include a dunking booth for admin and silly string for teachers in early December.
- NO School November 21-25 for Thanksgiving Holidays
This was a small tournament with 7 teams competing in the Junior Varsity division. Both teams played well. The DMS B team improved each round. They had at least 100 points for most rounds while playing the high school teams.
DMS A had a 5-1 record for the day. This put us in 2nd place. We were the first team to score over 400 points in a round. Karsten Wallace (9th grade) placed 4th in individual scores and Louis Johnson (8th) placed 2nd in individual scores.
DMS B - Michelle Schwartz, Jinwoo Jung, Arham Muhammed, Gian Grant, Jax Hendrickson
DMS A - BJHS: Karsten Wallce, Owen Bruyns & DMS: Louis Johnson, Roman Hanson
Please congratulate these teams! They did extremely well in their first high school tournament.
Everyone is welcome! 7:30-8:05 in the Media Center! See Mrs. Cooper if you have any questions!
Discovery Middle School has partnered with S2 Pass, a new innovative digital ticketing provider. In order to attend sporting events at Discovery Middle School, you must purchase your ticket from the S2 Pass app. While our ticketing system has become electronic, our concessions will remain cash only until we can make that transition.
You will need to download the S2 Pass from the App Store or Google Play (links below). Once you have downloaded the app, you may purchase your ticket(s), and it will be scanned upon entry from your smartphone. An instructional video is below. Please be sure to purchase your ticket(s) prior to arrival. Please share this information with other students and fans!
If you don't have a smartphone, you can also purchase your tickets from the S2 Pass fan website (for computers only) and print out your tickets to present at the game through this link here.
• App download links
- Google App Store - Google Play Store - Android
- Apple Store - App Store - iPhone
• Instructional Videos
- Please ensure that your students adhere to the dress code. All clothing must meet appropriate guidelines as noted in the DMS Student Handbook and MCS Code of Conduct. Also, students may bring a jacket or sweater if they are cold; however, blankets and stuffed animals are not allowed as a cover at school.
- Attendance is very important. Please be sure to send absence notes to email@example.com whenever your student is absent from school.
- Students should arrive to class on time and be in their seats when the tardy bell rings.
- For morning drop off and afternoon dismissal, parking in the front northeast lot or in the loop at the front office will soon require a clearly marked parking pass. Those without this pass are asked to use the car line. Thanks to everyone for using the car line unless you have an "approved reason" from the DMS administration. Approved reasons are for SRO, medical/emergency, special needs, late arrival, etc. We are working for the safety of all of our students and staff at DMS. Thank you for your continued support!
Lost and Found
- Please encourage your students to check the DMS Lost & Found near the front office if they have misplaced any items.
- The Lost and Found will be cleared out on the first day of each month and unclaimed items will be donated to a worthy cause.
November is “Thank Alabama Teachers” month, and we have two ways to treat a teacher coming up:
1. We are treating DMS staff to an Autumn Trail Mix Bar in November. Please sign up to donate items if you are able, or you may make a monetary donation. Thank you!
2.We have a link on our store website to donate an individual sized Nothing Bundt Cake to teachers for $6. These are always a hit! We are hoping to have enough for every staff member to receive one.