This Month at Scott Elementary
The Learner Profile traits
As part of our counseling services and International Baccalaureate PYP program, we will be spotlighting a Learner Profile trait each month. These traits help our students become more globally minded and help put our PYP program into action. Each month, teachers will select a Student of the Month from their class who has demonstrated the trait at school.
To learn more about the Learner Profile and the International Baccalaureate program, please watch this 3 minute video: https://1.cdn.edl.io/jRUkaB1LdTwTTxCLylSE6l8hjxdeMlYlhQ31pIUS0OBk6Qe0.mp4
OPEN-MINDEDNESS and ACCEPTANCE
Being open-minded means a student understands and appreciates their own culture and are open to the perspectives, values, and traditions of other individuals and communities.
How can you practice at home?
- Visit Children's Museums (in person or online) to "travel" around the world
- Read stories and watch movies that show other countries' cultures
- Listen to a variety of types of music
- Learn about how different cultures celebrate holidays
- Prepare and taste foods from other countries
- Check out our IB resources on the Scott Elementary webpage