LG Cub Connection
PSSA - Grades 3-6
This year, all PSSA testing will be administered online at the elementary level.
The testing schedule is as follows:
BRICK & MORTAR - PSSA Testing Dates:
ELA: Tuesday 5/4, Wednesday 5/5, & Thursday 5/6
Math: Monday 5/10 & Tuesday 5/11
Science: Monday 5/17 & Wednesday 5/19
REMOTE - PSSA Testing Dates
ELA: Wednesday 5/12, Thursday 5/13, & Friday 5/14
Math: Thursday 5/20 & Friday 5/21
Science: Monday 5/24 & Tuesday 5/25
2021-2022 Kindergarten registration is open!
Transportation for the 2020/2021 school year
There are times when we are asked if a new stop can be made. This type of request may take a minimum of two weeks to coordinate and process the information (weather permitting). Such requests would require us to go out and look at a house location to make a better determination if the request can or cannot be done. We ask if you would help us locate you easier, by ensuring your address is clearly posted, and no less than 3 inches tall and visible from both directions and not obstructed from trees, shrubs etc.
Please remind your student(s) of proper bus stop behavior by standing at the stop, and not playing games or horsing around and not going onto or disturbing someone else’s property
Also, please remind your student(s) there are several bus rules and one of them are that there is NO food nor drink permitted on the school bus. There is the potential for another student to have an allergic reaction to that item. The newest rule that MUST be followed is to wear your face covering at all times while on the bus and to stay in the seat that has been assigned to you.
Inclement Weather: The new notifications system will follow the districts guidelines that are sent out via Skyward and will also be updated via the districts web page at www.rlasd.net; Twitter: @rlschools and Facebook: Red Lion Area School District. Please ensure your contact information is updated in Skyward.
The Red Lion Area School District is happy to announce that the free meal program has been extended through June 30, 2021 for all students.
The USDA, on Friday, Oct. 9, 2020, extended its Summer Food Service Program through June 30, 2021, to allow schools to continue to provide meals at no cost to all children. The program originally was scheduled to run until December 2020, but was now extended throughout the entire 2020-2021 school year.
The free meal program applies to Lunch and Breakfast for all students.
DENTAL HEALTH NEWS
When allergy season is in full swing, your dental health may not be on the top of your mind. But a case of hay fever can make an impact on your teeth and gums.
Follow these tips to keep your dental health in check.
* Stay hydrated. Drink lots of water to keep your mouth and body hydrated. Not only can this counteract the effects of dry mouth, it can also help your body flush away the excess mucus.
* Gargle with salt water. Dissolve a tablespoon of salt water in a glass of warm water. Gargle and spit until all the water is gone. The salt can help draw mucus out of your sinuses, relieving your symptoms. It also cuts down on harmful bacteria in your mouth and throat, reducing the effects of bad breath and plaque.
* Keep brushing and flossing. A serious attack of allergies is no excuse to slack on your oral health routine. Regular brushing and flossing are especially important when you’re experiencing dry mouth, so make sure you’re brushing teeth and tongue, three times a day and flossing at least once a day.
* Treat your allergies. Controlling your allergies can help reduce their impact on your mouth. Avoid known triggers, and talk to your doctor about long-term treatment options, such as prescription medication or allergy shots.
* Talk to your dentist. Continue going to scheduled dental appointments. If you’re experiencing tooth pain, mention it to your dentist. Your dentist can help you figure out whether it’s allergy-related or caused by other problems.
Calendar of Events
01 - School is Not in Session / Office Closed
02 - School is Not in Session / Office Closed
04 - Easter Sunday
05 - School is Not in Session / Office Closed
06 - Students Return Back to School
08 - Elementary Flower Power Spirit Day
12 - Band Rehearsal @ 2:15 in Cafeteria /PTO Meeting 6:00pm-7:00pm
14 - GO BLUE DAY
15 - Virtual School Board Meeting 7pm
16 - Students last day to turn in writing pieces
20 - Band Rehearsal @ 2:15 in Cafeteria
28 - Band Rehearsal @ 2:15 in Cafeteria
30 -- Arbor Day