iCrew News: May 6
Newsletter for classes of Mrs. Blodgett & Mrs. Kochheiser
All Crews News
Here’s where you will find news about events and activities that apply to all students and classes on the iCrew team. Below this section, you will find Mrs. Blodgett & Mrs. Kochheiser’s sections that include specific information to the classes they teach. Mrs. Kochheiser teaches Language Arts and Social Studies to both classes, and Mrs. Blodgett teaches Math and Science to both classes. Reading is taught to homeroom classes by homeroom teachers.
Just Some FYI
- Unsatisfactory Progress Reports will be sent home on Monday, May 9
- Remind.com: Teachers continue to send out reminders and messages via Remind!
- Testing! Students have completed M-Step (or will complete a make up MStep if your student was absent). There are many end of the year tests that are upcoming. Here is our schedule:
- May 2-6: Reading Street U6W3 (spelling and reading/vocabulary test Friday May 6)
May 9-13: Reading Street U6W4 (spelling and reading/vocabulary test Friday May 13)
May 16-20: NWEA; begin U6W5 (no reading street or Spelling test this week)
- May 23-27: Reading Street Benchmark; Aimsweb testing; conclude U6W5 (final spelling/reading/vocab test Thursday, May 26 or Friday, May 27)
- May 23-June 3: Social Studies Post Test; Science Post Test; Math Post Test
- May 31-June 3: Human Growth and Development
- Absences: Please contact you HOMEBASE teacher of any known upcoming absences. This will help us stay on top of any upcoming assessments/tests and making sure the work is completed prior to the end of semester grades. Your support is appreciated!
End of the Year Activities:
May 20: Talent Show: 6th grade 9:15 a.m.
May 24: East/Middle School Orchestra Concert: Time--TBA
- June 1: East Arts Festival: 6:30
- June 3: Field Day
- June 7: 6th grade recognition: 6:00 p.m.
- June 8: 6th grade YMCA Trip
- June 9: Last Day: 1/2 Day
Language Arts with Mrs. Kochheiser
LANGUAGE ARTS: All Crews
Spelling: Continued work on Spelling through May 27
Grammar: Commas, Punctuation, Review
Letters to 7th grade teachers
Time-Capsule Letters for 6th grade time capsules
Math with Mrs. Blodgett
We are starting Geometry this week and will finish the year with Statistics.
NWEA/MAP testing will be the week of May 16
End of the Year assessment will be the week of May 30
Social Studies with Mrs. Kochheiser
Social Studies: Finishing Economics unit; Students will complete their slide shows on their country with economics slides; review for post test
Science with Mrs. Blodgett
We will finish Plate Tectonics this week, TEST MONDAY (5/ 9)
We will start Force and Motion next week
End of the year assessment will be the week of May 30
Human Growth and Development will be the week of May 30
Reading: Mrs. Blodgett's Homeroom
NWEA/MAP testing the week of May 16 (see above schedule for Reading Street)
Reading Warrior Deadline is JUNE 3
Reading: Mrs. Kochheiser's Homeroom
Reading: Reading Street concludes with focus on stories about culture, which blends well with the Social Studies unit we just finished. The Wild Warrior Independent Reading logs and blogs are due on Thursday, June 2.