Week of June 17, 2019
In this Edition of Granville Academy
Information about Granville Academy and the GA Pirates:
- Message from Dr. Wrenn
- Congratulations Class of 2019
- Granville Academy: Pirate Feedback
- Summer Youth Day Camps
- Chromebook End of Year Information
- GA Birthdays
- Summer School Registration
- School Choice Letter of Intent
- Granville Academy Application 2019 - 2020
GA Information for All
Message from Dr. Wrenn:
Parents: I want to thank you for bringing your children to our school and trusting us with them everyday. I especially want to thank you for raising such an amazing group of people that I’ve had the pleasure of getting to know.
Students: Wherever you future leads you, I will be watching and cheering for you. I am looking forward to updates from your lives and seeing where your education leads. Before you go though, I want to make sure I say thank you for all that you have taught me this year. If I can inspire others half as much as you have inspired me, I know I will have been successful.
Staff: Your collective efforts has made the first year successful and ready for a strong second year. Your kindness and caring for students as whole people and not as numbers on exams is the reason that we have seen these students blossom into leaders. Thank you for always caring about our Pirates.
Today, I look back at where I was one year ago. From a vision of flexible, blended learning, which allows students to explore interests, has become a reality. Together, we’ve disrupted education in a way that will impact education in the state of North Carolina forever. Thank you for the opportunity to lead you and be part of this movement.
Congratulations on finishing the school year strong. Continue to follow your passions, continue to be leaders, and best wishes on your future.
Class of 2019
Alan Yovani Carrillo Romero
Emily Elizabeth Charlet Crews
Jeremiah Isaiah Ellerbe
Leah Nicole Hansley
Tye-Liya Ray-veeonna King-Lee
Moniqua' Unique Royster
Granville Academy: Pirate Feedback
It has been such a great first year within our Pirate community. We are so thankful for each one of you! As the year comes to an end, we would like to ask for your feedback. Your input will be used to assist our GA Team in planning for the 2019-2020 school year.
Thank you so much and have a great day!
Summer Youth Day Camps
Granville County 4-H will be holding their annual Summer Fun Program for 2019! This program is designed for youth ages 5-18. Please note that each activity will have its own age requirements, and activities have limited spots available. Activities begin in June!
- Summer Fun Registration must be completed online
- 4-H Online Enrollment and payment is due within 5 business days of registration
- Check and Cash are the payment forms currently accepted
- Registration closes on May 31st at 5:00 p.m.
Chromebook: End of Year Information
Please read the information below in regards to student Chromebooks:
1. Students not returning to GA next school year and returning to their traditional GCPS school will retain their device and it will transfer with them. There would be just a few exceptions where they might have to return their GA chromebook and get a replacement from their new school. This would apply to new GCPS students in grades 10-12 only that received a Dell Chromebook.
2. Students not returning to GA next school year and transferring out of GCPS must return their Chromebook/Macbook before the last day of school. It is best that we be alerted so that we can be prepared to collect it during their last EOG/EOC. This includes any student leaving GCPS.
3. Any student or family that is not sure that they will return to GA next year can turn their chromebook in after their last EOG/EOC and it will be retained and can be given back to them if they decide to return to GA.
4. Any student that learns that they are not returning to GA during summer break can contact anyone at GA to arrange to have the chromebook returned. Mr. Kevin Lawler (Technician for GA) will be alerted and will make arrangements to receipt the returned chromebook.
5. All Granville Academy students staying in GA/GCPS will keep their device over the summer, unless as specified in number 1 (student transferring in grades 10-12). All students will be required to complete the Technology Responsible Use forms and submit the Technology Usage Fee for the 2019-2020 school year. This information will be provided after July 1.
Please let us know any information regarding your device in advance to avoid having your device inadvertently disabled by the school technician.
Information for Grades 9-12
Granville Academy: School of Choice 2019-2020 Intent
Granville Academy Families:
Please complete the School of Choice Letter of Intent 2019-2020 form for the upcoming academic school year! This form will indicate your student(s) enrollment at Granville Academy. Thank you for choosing us!
Only new students should apply! Current students do not need to apply.