Visible Thinking in the Digital Classroom
While you are waiting....
2. Download any of the apps below that you need
Let's Get Started
Session Essential Questions
2. How can questioning serve as formative assessment and feedback to advance learning processes?
3. What is the role of organizational culture in developing learners who become responsible for their own thinking and personal development?
What does "making thinking visible" mean to you?
2. Type your name and select "Join"
3. Type your response and select "Say"
4. Read your peers responses...notice any themes? What makes you say that?
*iPad Photo Courtesy of Kevin Honeycutt
*What Makes You Say That?
*Interpretation with justification
1. Go to student.infuselearning.com (open in new tab)
2. Room ID: 50877
3. Story Visualization - What's going on?
4. What do you see that makes you say that?
*Think Pair Share
*Active Reasoning & Explanation
*Think, Puzzle, Explore
Step 1: Get your graphics in line
Some other Infographic Creators...
Step 2: Add a layer of awesome
Incorporate audio into student creation projects. Discuss: accessibility, links & integration.
Add a level of interactivity to photos, drawings, reading passages, assignments and more. Discuss: endless possibilities, Mathy Cathy samples
Augmented Reality anyone? Don't be skeeeeeerd... Let's try it! Discuss: where does this tech transform?
Make Your Exploration Visible: What did you learn?
-Brainstorm with a partner or group: How are we going to demonstrate the thinking we are dong as we explore this topic?
-Choose apps that will best demonstrate your thinking. Create.
-Post your creation: http://padlet.com/wall/TCEA2014Clark
2. How has your headline changed based on today's discussion? How does it differ from what you would have said yesterday?
*See, Think, Wonder
Exploring works of art and other interesting things...
1. What do you see?
2. What do you think about that?
3. What does it make you wonder?
I Used to Think...Now I think:
*A routine for reflecting on how and why our thinking has changed
2. Double click to add your response
I used to think... but now I think...
3. Read your peers responses... notice any themes? How did their thinking change? How has your thinking changed?