August 6, 2021
Who is Who at Franklin Academy
Mr. Sergio Delgado, Principal
As all of you know, my biggest priority is always our students safety, and this is why we are constantly reviewing our safety protocols and emergency response procedures.
I also provide strategic direction in the school system, developing standardized curricula, assessing teaching methods, monitoring our students' achievement, encouraging parent involvement, revising policies and procedures, administering the budget, hiring and evaluating staff and overseeing our facilities.
I will always be here for anything you need to guarantee our student's success.
Mrs. Shaina Dillman, Assistant Principal
Here at Franklin Academy, we all wear many hats with our assigned roles and responsibilities, however our main priority is the safety of your child(ren). We work diligently each day to ensure your child(ren) has a safe and supportive learning environment to reach their full potential.
As one of the Assistant Principals, I am your contact for our PowerSchool platform, which allows you to track enrollment, grades, assignments, and other critical aspects of your child's educational experience. If you have any inquiries regarding PowerSchool, please do not hesitate to reach out to me with your name, your child's name, and your specific question.
In addition, I have the responsibility of scheduling our Kinder-Year 3 scholars, with the assistance of our Administrative and Leadership team, to ensure we review data from varying sources and educator input to schedule your child appropriately. I am in charge of generating the progress reports/report cards and sending them to our families of children in grades 1-Year 3. For our Kinder families, you receive a standard based report each quarter from your child's educator via email, not generated in PowerSchool. If you do not receive these reports throughout the year, please reach out to me.
We cannot wait to welcome them back to our campus for an amazing 2021-2022 school year!
Ms. Gianelle Amoedo, Assistant Principal
Hello Franklin Families, I am so honored to serve as one of your Assistant Principals this school year. I have been at Franklin since we opened our doors in 2015. As a teacher and then a Testing Coordinator, I have gotten the chance to know many of our students and families throughout the years. I am excited to continue our great relationship and welcome new families in August!
This year, I will continue to work as Testing Coordinator for all school, district, and state-wide testing. I am excited to work with our PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) and Room Parents. I will also be the contact for Special Events, Kindergarten Screening, and textbooks.
The past year has been tough for all, but I am very excited to finally reunite with our Franklin Family in person – It will be a great year! I am here to support our students, families, and staff; please know I am just an email away!
Mrs. Danielle Ockman, Director of School Operations
I feel fortunate to have joined this fantastic school in 2016. As I enter my 6th school year here, I remain proud to join an incredible team of professional educators and staff who truly embody the Franklin principles in “building better people every day” not only for our students but for themselves.
Prior to joining Franklin Academy, I was a camp director, afterschool director, Guidance Counselor and a Dean of Students for over 20 years. As the Director of School Operations, I am the administrator who oversees the “non-academic” side of our school operations. I work alongside of our Principal and two Assistant Principals to ensure our facilities and day to day operations run smoothly. These include: arrival and dismissal, safety protocol, transportation, facility maintenance and custodial needs, inspections, field trips, clubs and logistics for events. I work with our PTO, the Sunrise Police Department and coordinate and manage Service Hours as well.
On a more personal side, I have been married for 22 years and am a very proud mom to our 19 year old UF sophomore and 15 year old high school sophomore. I feel honored to work with our students and families at Franklin Academy and look forward to a great school year.
Ms. Alicia Glenn, IB coordinator
Another year is underway, and I couldn't be more excited to reunite with all students, families, and staff after a whirlwind 17-month hiatus. This year will present some unique challenges as we acclimate back to an in-school setting, but those challenges also create unique opportunities for us to learn and grow together. As coordinator for the International Baccalaureate programme and advisor to Student Government, I am dedicated to embracing these challenging yet enriching experiences with a focus on student growth and development, both in and out of the classroom. If you have any questions about the Middle Years Programme or Student Government, please do not hesitate to contact me. As always, it is an honor and pleasure to serve and be a part of the Franklin Academy family.
very IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE 2021-2022 school year
- We have just updated our COVID-19 policies to protect the health, safety, and welfare of students by adhering to safety policies and protocols related to COVID-19 in compliance with CDC, state and local guidelines. You can find our new STUDENT POLICY RELATED TO COVID-19 here.
- Learning will be 100% face to face on campus. No remote learning will be offered this school year.
- While masks are optional, Franklin Academy strongly encourages all students to wear a mask when indoors.
- School cafeteria will open for meal service through the traditional food service line.
- All sports and athletic facilities are now available.
- Franklin Academy will provide transportation services this school year.
- We are back to staggered arrivals and dismissals: Kinderarten-5th Grade: 7:30 AM to 2:15 PM, and MYP: 8:30 AM to 3:15 PM.
- Cleaning and disinfection of the school will be continued and everyone will be encouraged to do their part in preventing the spread of COVID-19 through frequent hand washing and staying home when sick.
MEET & GREET
- Kindergarten: 5:15 PM - 6:00 PM on Thursday, August 12
- First Grade: 4:00 PM - 4:45 PM on Thursday, August 12
- Second Grade: 5:15 PM- 6:00 PM on Thursday, August 12
- Third Grade: 4:00 PM - 4:45 PM on Thursday, August 12
- Fourth Grade: 4:00 PM - 4:45 PM on Monday, August 16
- Fifth Grade: 5:15 PM -6:00 PM on Monday, August 16
- Year 1 MYP: 4:00 PM - 4:45 PM on Wednesday, August 11
- Year 2 MYP: 5:00 PM -5:45 PM on Wednesday, August 11
- Year 3 MYP: 6:00 PM -6:45 PM on Wednesday, August 11