2018 SENIOR NEWS
HAPPY NEW YEAR! JANUARY 2018
· Now is the time to work online on your college applications and obtaining your password/user name for your FAFSA, which you will complete after October 1, 2017. Both you and your parents need to register and choose a password and FAFSA ID.
· Deadlines are approaching. Be sure to know when applications and FAFSA priorities are due.
Attention Students and Families Wishing to File the 2018-2019 FAFSA
The IRS Data Retrieval Tool used to help families assist with completing the FAFSA will be available starting October 1, 2017 for those wishing to complete the 2018-2019 FAFSA. The tool will help families transfer the 2016 IRS tax information needed for this FAFSA. Please note that any information transferred will be encrypted to enhance the security level of this system. You will not be able to see the information transferred on the FAFSA screens or the Student Aid Report once the FAFSA is processed. If you have additional questions, please contact your school counselor, your college access advisor or your institution’s financial aid office.
· ACT online sign up is located at www.actstudent.org
· If you need a transcript you can find transcript request forms in the Counseling office and on the school website.
· Watch this newsletter for more scholarships coming and the ones that are included.
· We will have several college and military lunch visits, be sure to stop by and chat with the representatives.
AP PARENT/STUDENT NIGHT
Thursday, Feb. 8th 2018 at 6pm
HERITAGE ROOM EHS
*WACE Co-op Scholarship applications available at www.waceinc.org, GPA 3.5, Deadline 2/15/18
*Franklin B Walter All-Scholastic Award Deadline: 2/1/18, Applications available in Guidance Office
*Martha Seward Rahfuse Memorial
Scholarship letters of recommendation, Deadline: 4/1/18, apps avail in Guidance
*Robert A. Cunningham primary member of GECU, essay, recommendations Deadline
1/16/18 Applications in Guidance Office
*Tina’s Angels, A.Kehr/Conrad Foundation letters of recommend, extra curricular activities, comm service
Deadline: March 1, 2018 (applications in counselor office)
*Virginia Budge Award for Creative & Performing Arts application at www.virginiabudgeaward.com For Butler County Creative and Performing Arts students.Deadline 4/16/2018
*Hamilton Community Foundation (HCF) HCF scholarship application process for the Class of 2018
Deadline January 22, 2018
Middletown Community Foundation Scholarships are online and will be Live January 1, 2018! You can begin filling out your scholarship applications now! You cannot submit them until you have a 7 semester transcript which is uploaded by your counselor. Be sure to know who your counselor is! The Deadline for MCF scholarships is 11:59 on February 14, 2018!