Jack Anderson Elementary
November 16-20, 2020
Sumner Virtual Academy (SVA) Enrollment for the 3rd Nine Weeks
Google Classroom Expectations
Hendersonville Swat Team at JAE on Saturday 11/21
In previous years, we have been so excited to welcome families into our building to have Thanksgiving lunch with your student. As expected, we will not be able to host families this year. Students enjoyed a "Friendsgiving" meal during lunch on Friday. Please know that we are thankful for you. You are a key member in your child’s success. You are valued and appreciated!
Staff Appreciation Day is Friday, November 20th!
News from the Jack Anderson PTO
Next Spirit Day November 20!
ALL PURCHASES ARE PRE-ORDER ONLY!
The deadline for pre-order purchase has been extended to Wednesday, November 18th.
There are some cool new items in the spirit shop!
You can complete and return the order form, or you can purchase online.
You can also order online by clicking on the link below!
Reading is Fundamental- RIF Day November 20
RIF enables children to select new, age-appropriate books to take home and own and is supported by resources for parents, educators, and local literacy advocates to create a continuous focus on reading. This program enables participating children to select books to take home and own and relies on a simple yet fundamental truth, if you allow children choice and access, they will become more engaged readers and learners.
Over 40 million children nationwide have had the opportunity to experience the power and excitement of this program.
In partnership with RIF, Dollar General has provided funding for hundreds of books for our students.
On November 20th, each student at JAE (even our virtual students!) will have the opportunity to choose 3 books. Just in time for Thanksgiving break!
Holiday Assistance for Our Families
carline reminder: put your phone away while vehicles are in motion
Quarantine Information Tab on the JAE Website
Please visit the JAE Website to find information and resources during quarantine.
If a member of your household is Covid positive, your child must quarantine at home for 14 days from the onset of symptoms or the date of a positive test.
Absences due to Covid will be excused with a parent's or doctor's note.
If a student has close contact with a Covid positive individual, the 14-day quarantine period at must be completed.
If a member of your household is Covid positive, please contact Mrs. Sanders or Nurse Amanda Elliott.
- Car riders may enter the building at 8:10.
- Parents, please stay in your vehicles. Students should be ready to exit the vehicle as soon as the vehicles come to a complete stop.
- Do not park in the front or side parking lots to avoid the carline. Families who purchased "First in Line" spots at the auction are the only ones who can park by the K-1 playground to unload students.
- Please pull as far forward as possible before unloading your students. We have staff members outside in the mornings directing traffic so we can efficiently and effectively unload cars. Mrs. Bradley calculated that we are able to unload approximately 35 students every 2 minutes when the line is running smoothly. That is amazing!
- Per state law, phones should not be in use while driving unless they are hands-free.
- Dismissal begins at 3:40.
- Parents, please do not get out of your vehicles.
- While on campus, drive slowly, carefully and observe your surroundings
- Two lanes form at the edge of the playground. Take advantage of the outside lane. 80% of our car riders live on the other side of Shute Lane.
- If you are in the outside lane, do not turn around in the bus entrance to avoid driving toward Cages Bend Road. You are blocking buses, and you are breaking the rules.
- Between 3:30 and 3:45 a class of students is dismissed from the back of the building. If your child is not dismissed from the back of the building, do not enter the parking area at the back. Please be courteous to the vehicles entering or leaving the back parking area in the afternoons. If you see a vehicle traveling in an unusual direction, but a staff member has waved them through, there is a reason.