Third Grade Buzzzz...
Happenings in Mrs. Paluch's Class!
February 16, 2016
Ozzie Reading 2nd Base due this week!
The kids had so much fun at the Valentine's Party!!!
ELA- (English/Language Arts)
Unit 2 Module B
We will be reading the book, Deep Down and Other Extreme Places to Live
Reading Essential Question: How do photographs, illustrations, and details help readers understand text?
Writing Essential Question: How do writers compare and contrast information and ideas?
Focus This Week:
- Look at how pictures and captions help us understand what we read.
- Learn how readers can ask and answer questions to determine the main ideas of a text.
- We are going to learn how readers can use vocabulary to understand a text and to compare and contrast extreme places to live.
Foundational Skills: Prefixes: un-, re-, mis-, dis-, non-
- Students will describe and analyze an illustration in the text, using evidence from the text and photos to show how it conveys information.
- Write an introduction to a topic that appears in the book, Deep Down and Other Extreme Places to Live.
- They will then add details to their topic by adding facts and definitions.
- Review Coordinating Conjunctions and learn about Subordinating Conjunctions- because, while, after, when, although, since, until, unless.
Lessons this week:
- Tuesday we will review area and perimeter and do a fun activity!!
- Wednesday we will take the Mastery Connect Unit test on Area and Perimeter and begin our unit on Fractions. We will make fraction strips to use as a resource throughout this unit.
- Our fraction unit should take us until spring break to finish. There is only 1 Chapter in My Math on fractions so we will be doing a lot of supplemental lessons/activities.
- Unit fractions
Homework This Week
Tuesday 2/16- None
Wednesday 2/17- Fraction Strips to Keep at Home
Thursday 2/18 10.1
Feb. 9 - March 1- Chili's Dinner Nights
Feb. 16- Ozzie Reading 2nd Base Due
Feb. 19- Fun Fair! 5:30-8:30
Feb. 19- 6 Flags Reading Incentive Due
Feb. 24- Art to Remember Due
Feb. 29- Ozzie Reading 3rd Base Due
March 14- Ozzie Reading Home Run! Due
April 11- Raging Waves Due