Daniel Intermediate Weekly Update
Parent Newsletter October 12th 2020
As we are preparing to welcome our students back to school on October 19th, we are thinking about making sure our students are as safe as possible. With that, there will be changes in our regular activities here at school. I will go into more detail at our parent zoom conferences this week, but I will list a few of them here.
- Everyone will have to wear a facemask all day at school: students, staff, and visitors to the front office.
- Parents will not be able to eat with their children during the lunchtime.
- Temperatures will be checked routinely based on campus protocols.
- We will not use water fountains. I encourage all students to bring a container of water that is big enough for the whole day. (20 to 30 ounces of water) Another suggestion is to have two water bottles during the day (one for morning/one for the afternoon).
- Arrival – Every student will have to have a wellness check before entering into his or her homeroom. You can help with this by completing this before the student’s arrival each day. The process will take you a few minutes. You can access easier on the Skyward app.
- The school building doors will open at 8:00 a.m. There will not be any supervision before 8:00 a.m.
- Dismissal of car riders – This year, students will stay in their classroom until you arrive at school. We need all students picked-up by 4:25 p.m. Once you arrive, the on-duty teachers in the front will enter your child’s name into our google system. The system will alert the homeroom teachers you are here to pick-up your child. Your child will be escorted to the front porch. This safety feature is in place to assist us in the intermixing of students and to keep them at a safe distance to our best ability.
- The district made a guide to assist with the reopening of school. Please visit this website. https://www.duncanvilleisd.org/reopening/health-safety-precautions
To make a learning preference change, starting with the second nine-week grading period, parents can use the Learning Preference Change Form between October 12th - October 26th. The second nine-week grading period begins on November 9th.
To stay current with all district news regarding the arrival of students on campus, check your emails daily, look at our social media sites (Facebook/Twitter), and messages from your child's teacher.
Skyward App - Wellness Check - Needs to be done daily
September Staff member of the Month
- I am nominating her for being a team player.
- Escoto, she is so helpful and willing to do anything for her team!
- Organized. Helpful. Works hard. doesn’t break a sweat
Parent & Student Informational for In-Person Learning
Tuesday, Oct. 13th, 7pm
This is an online event.
October 13th, 11:30 AM
October 13th, 7:00 PM
October 15th, 7:00 PM
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Meet the team of 5D Mr. Servin, Ms Silva, and Mr. Santiago
Favorite Quote: "Dream Big"
Favorite snacks: Spicy candy and almonds
Favorite hobby/past time: Relaxing
Favorite drink: Water and Aguas Frescas
Birthday: November 15th
Collectibles: Movies that I want to watch again
Interesting facts: I would like to thank all the awesome parents that have supported students at home and making sure they are keeping up with their classes.
Favorite Quote: " We cannot become what we want by remaining where we are"
Favorite snacks: Oatmeal Cookies, cherries, and Chocolate
Favorite hobby/past time: Reading, Writing, and Sewing
Favorite drink: Rose tea, Coffee
Birthday: July 8th
Favorite Quote: “If your dreams don’t scare you, they are too small.” – Richard Branson
Favorite snacks: Kinder Bueno, Almond joy
Favorite hobby/past time: Watching sports, NFL, UFC, NBA, Star Wars, Cooking
Favorite drink: Iced Tea, Coke zero
Birthday: November 13
Collectibles: Pop figures, anything Star Wars
Interesting facts: I’m from Puerto Rico, have 1 daughter and another on the way. Love to watch sports, movies and to cook. Been teaching for 15 years and want to become an Educational Administrator soon.
Daniel Intermediate parents,
As we prepare for the return of some students to In-Person Learning on Monday, Oct. 19, teachers districtwide are being asked to participate in planning time to be ready for this transition. Just as our students are learning in new ways, our teachers are also developing new ways to deliver instruction across virtual and in-person settings.
Starting next week, teachers will be available for questions during their office hours and limit live instruction times. From Monday, Oct. 12 until Wednesday, Oct. 14, your student’s teacher will be available during office hours and provide live instruction of approximately one hour each day. On Thursday, Oct. 15 and Friday, Oct. 16, there will be no live instruction; however, class assignments will be provided for students to complete.
For your student to receive attendance credit, he or she must complete daily assignments and submit those assignments by 11:59 p.m. each day.
Thank you for your patience and partnership as we continue to write success stories, one student at a time.