Fife High News
8/26-8/27 Trojan Days Information
What's in This Edition?
What info will be in the next edition of Fife High News?
- First Days of School Info
- Sophomore Orientation Info
- Friday Night Lights Back To School Tailgate
- COVID Health Protocol Info
Miss the last edition of Fife High News? Press Link: https://www.smore.com/18cfa
What are Trojan Days?
What: Trojan Days is our student check-in. This is NOT an orientation day. This event is a grade level processing day where students can take care of some school logistics prior to school starting.
What happens at Trojan Days?
- $40 ASB Cards (can purchase in person or online)
- $55 Yearbook (can purchase in person or online)
- $25 Parking (in person only-- see below for more info)
- Club Dues (cost varies per club) (in person and online)
- Purchase spirit gear from the booster club (including a NEW blanket design-- PICTURED!)
Note about payments at Trojan Days: checks, cash, and credit card is accepted.
Other Trojan Day Activities:
- Turn in parking pass forms (limited-- see below)
- Take your ID and Yearbook Pictures
- Turn in Medical Forms including proof of vaccination (see below)
- Turn in Free-Reduced Lunch Forms
- Update student information (as needed)
- Access your class schedule and submit any necessary change requests
Trojan Day Details:
Who: Only for currently enrolled 10-12th grade students
Where: FHS Cafeteria
- August 26 - Seniors 8-12PM
- August 26 - Juniors 12:30-3:30PM
- August 27 - Sophomores 8-12PM
- August 27- makeup all grades 12:30-2:30PM
What do you need to bring to Trojan Days?
- Students need to arrive with a method of payment.
- Please wear a mask upon arrival.
- Free and Reduced Lunch Form (if needed-- see below for more details)
- Proof of COVID Vaccination (if applicable)
- Any medications your student needs to give to the nurse
Parking at Trojan Days: please park in the student parking lot (the lot next to the new elementary school). Enter from 23rd street. DO NOT PARK in spots that are coned off.
Trojan Day Info: The Details
Parking is LIMITED
If you have been by the school, you will notice there are new portable classrooms where some seniors used to park. There is also construction that will take up a portion of the staff parking lot. This year, we will be short a few of the parking spots that we normally have in both lots, which will affect the number of parking passes we will be able to sell.
Because parking is limited, seniors take priority for available spots which can be purchased at Trojan Days. After senior Trojan Day, remaining spots will be available to the juniors (first come first serve until spaces are gone). If there are spots still open after juniors have been processed, they will be made available to the sophomores. Any student wishing to get a parking pass must have a current driver's license. Additional spots will go on sale when the STEAM center is completed and the portables are removed later this year.
If you are wanting to purchase a parking spot,
1. Fill out this form prior to coming to Trojan Day. If you are a senior who qualified for parking lot painting you also need to fill out the form.
2. Bring a copy of your drivers license to Trojan Day (driver's permits not accepted)
3. Pay $25 at Trojan Days
Bring Medical Information to Trojan Days!
Proof of COVID 19 Vaccination
COVID-19 vaccine is NOT required, however...
COVID-19 vaccines are available to all people age 12 and older. Fully vaccinated students and staff who do not have symptoms do not have to quarantine when exposed to COVID-19 and may not require COVID-19 testing. Fully Vaccinated - Definition
Schools are collecting documentation for verification of student vaccinations. Acceptable documentation for verifying the vaccination status of students and staff includes at least one of the following: (K-12 Schools Covid Requirements p. 3)
CDC vaccination card which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided, and date(s) administered,
or a photo of the vaccination card.
Documentation of vaccination from a health care provider with the information listed above.
State immunization information system record with the information listed above.
Staff and students without appropriate documentation will follow quarantine protocols.
You may email your documentation directly to your school nurse: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you take medications while at school?
Working with your doctor, please fill out the form below with information needed for our school nurse Diana Busch. If you would like to contact her please email at email@example.com or call 253.517.1100 x24573
- Medical/Immunization Change Form - This will go to the school nurse.
- Bring the form along with your medications to Trojan Days to give to the nurse. If you don't have this ready by Trojan Days you can bring it by the school anytime after August 25th.
Need a Tour?
Need a tour? Our first day of school, Thursday September 2nd, is an orientation day dedicated to helping our sophomore's and new to district students transition. Tours will be given to all our new students on that day.
Junior or seniors who has not been on campus in a while (or ever) and would like a tour, you can request one at Trojan Days.
Take care of business from home! Fife Webstore!
What can you pay online*?
- ASB ($40)
- Yearbook ($55)
- Club Dues (cost depends on which club you are joining)
- Outstanding Fines you might have on your account.
*You can also pay for everything at Trojan Days
Trojan Yearbook Purchasing
The 2021-2022 Trojan Yearbook will be available for purchase at Trojan Days August 26 & 27. The Trojan Yearbook is $55. Starting October 1 a personalization notification letter will be sent to you if you wish to purchase any additional yearbook extras. If you have specific Trojan Yearbook questions please contact Mrs. Ramos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2021-2022 Fife High Trojan Yearbook needs you "the Fife High School Community" to submit pictures about what Fife High School students are doing throughout the 2021-2022 school year. Please share and upload as many pictures as you would like to the Fife High School Community Upload website. All Senior portraits and Senior baby pictures MUST be submitted through the Community Upload website.
Please go to https://yearbookforever.com/ and enter Fife High School. Then click on Community Upload at the top of the page and enter in the access code: Trojans2022
CLASS OF 2022 are you planning to submit a Senior portrait and/or Senior baby picture to the Trojan Yearbook? All Senior portraits and Senior baby pictures MUST be submitted through the Community Upload website by Monday, November 29, 2021. Please go to https://yearbookforever.com/ and enter Fife High School. Then click on Community Upload at the top of the page and enter in the access code: Trojans2022
School Pictures (ID and Yearbook)
- Student schedules will be visible in Skyward on August 25th. Print them from home or download the Skyward App to have your schedule at your fingertips!
- Schedule Requests can only be made for the following reasons:
Appropriate reasons for a schedule change:
-I have not met the prerequisites for one or more courses on my schedule.
-I am a Senior and I'm missing a course needed in order to graduate.
-I do not have a course assigned to a period.
-I am a Running Start Student and need my FHS courses adjusted or removed.
- Schedule change requests can be submitted using this form linked here: 2021-2022 Schedule Change Request Form (This link will not be live until Aug 26th)
Free and Reduced Meal Application Form
Both new and returning students who wish to apply for free and/or reduced meals should click the link to the application below. The Free and Reduced Meal form must be completed every year to qualify. This form also provides access to free or reduced fees for things like SAT/ACT, AP exams, college entrance fee's, and some school activity costs.
- The English & Spanish version of the Food Program application and the household letter can be found @ Fifeschools.com, Departments, Food Service, Free and Reduced Lunch Info
Returning students maintain their prior year’s free or reduced eligibility for the first 30 school days, or until a new application is processed. If a returning student does not have a new application processed by October 15, 2021, they will automatically be transferred to a paid account on the next school day. Families are responsible for any charges incurred.
Please notify Toni Barnett, Manager of Food Services (253.517.1000) if a returning student has a newly enrolled sibling so that we may extend the 30 school day eligibility to the new student. Families will still need to complete a new application to avoid any unnecessary charges.
Athletics Information: getemtrojans.com
Skyward Update, We need your updated info!
- If you do not have one already families should sign up for their Skyward account to have access to school communication and student information: skyward.fifeschools.com
- Update your contact information (ie; home address, Email address, cell phone number, emergency contact numbers).
- To look at the information in Skyward log into your Skyward account, then go to Family Access, scroll down to the Student Info tab and look over ALL your information.
- Make sure your student's name is spelled correctly. The way your child's name appears on this screen should be their legal name as this is used to print their high school diploma. (The middle name will only appear as the first letter of the name so you'll want to make sure that the full middle name is spelled correctly before diplomas are printed.)
- Contact Mrs. Kilcup, FHS Registrar, to request changes to your student's contact information. email@example.com or 253.517.1100 x24569
- For more information click on the Family Access Toolkit link below or visit skyward.fifeschools.com
Other Important Info
When is Sophomore Orientation?
Student Accident & Sickness Insurance Plans
8/18 Football Begins
8/23 All Fall Sports Begin
8/26- Senior and Junior Trojan Days
8/27- Sophomore Trojan Day
9/2- First Day of School (see below for special schedule details)
9/3- Friday Night Lights Back To School Night Tailgate 5:15PM
9/3- First Home Football Game
9/8- College Starts Here Night
9/10- College in High School/AP Night 6-7:30PM in Cafeteria (see below for more details)
9/13- 7PM Booster Club Meeting
9/16- Picture Day during Flex
9/16- Cabbage Patch Volleyball
9/17- Cabbage Patch Olympics