2. There’s a popular tale circulating about Hemingway betting fellow writers that he could write a short story in just six words.
3.Ernest Hemingway once published a recipe for apple pie in his column.
4. During his 62 years, he married four times and divorced three times
6. . His death was found to be self-inflicted, but the newspapers called it “accidental.” Five years later, Mary, his wife, publicly disclosed that the cause of death was suicide.
7. Ernest killed himself with his favorite shotgun, purchased from Abercrombie & Fitch.
9. Ernest Hemingway was known to use a machine gun on sharks to stop them from eating his catch.
10. Ernest Hemingway was charged with war crimes for leading a group of french militia into battle against the Nazis.
11. Hemingway's brother founded a country off the cost of Jamaica
13. The FBI maintained an open file on Hemingway from World War II onward.
14. Hemingway’s sister and brother, and also his father committed suicide as well.
15. Hemingway was awarded a Bronze Star for his bravery under-fire in World War II when he was a war correspondent.
16. James Joyce would get in a bar fight just to have Hemingway finish it for him.
18. In 1938, he established a world record by catching seven marlin in one day
19. He was also the first person to ever boat a giant tuna in an undamaged state.
20. Hemingway’s mama had her own quirks: determined to get young Ernest playing a musical instrument, she once kept him out of school for an entire year to learn the cello.