Sonoran Foothills School
Student Government Application Information
Grades 6th- 8th
Anyone interested in being a part of student council must apply. We are looking for members that are very respectful, responsible, organized, have a lot of energy, reliable, and can become leaders of Sonoran Foothills.
Students will go through an application, evaluation, and election process in order to become a member of Student Government.
Here are the steps to apply for Student Government:
1. Get your parents’ approval.
2. Review and sign the Code of Conduct.
3. Complete the online application by visiting https://www.dvusd.org/sonoranfoothills , clicking on activities and then Student Government.
4. Give your teacher reference form to a teacher from the previous school year (for example, if you are in 7th grade now, you would give it to a 6th grade teacher that you had last year).
5. Write and film a 30 second – 1 minute speech. Send your video to Mrs. Hartman.
6. Create 1 campaign poster. The poster should be a campaign poster with: your name, your grade, and a slogan. Be creative! You may begin hanging your poster on the wall outside the boys’ restroom near the playground on Monday, August 15th. You must use painters tape.
Completed applications and speech videos are due no later than Wednesday, August 17th at 8:45 a.m.
Student Government Election Timeline
2022-2023 School Year
- Monday, August 8th- Applications are open
- Wednesday, August 17th- Application materials due
- Thursday, August 18th- Teachers who candidate speech videos
- Friday, August 19th- 6th, 7th, and 8th grade classes vote for representatives, teachers nominate their 4 candidates- afternoon- candidates announced
- Wednesday, August 24th- Officer videos due
- Thursday, August 25th- teachers play videos
- Friday, August 26th- 6th, 7th, and 8th grade classes vote for ALL officer positions
**Information for K-5 Student Government will be sent home by your child's teacher.