November 17, 2020
Our Next Distribution Day
On Wednesday, November 18, families will drive through and retrieve bags again with more materials during the following three time slots:
- 7:30-8:30 a.m.
- 11:45 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- 6:00-7:00 p.m.
Our reusable red Riverview bags will be filled with instructional materials needed for the next two weeks. Remember to return your bag for reuse. You will pick up a new bag filled with materials next time and drop off assignments in the first bag, revolving the bags every distribution day.
Future distribution days:
- December 2
- December 16
Students will also see in their bags a single sheet with the words "I am Thankful For". We plan to display these completed pages in a slideshow during our November 25 assembly! Have your child write their response and color the border, cut on the dashed line and take a photo with your creation, then email your photo to Mrs. Hammer at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be included in our next Virtual Assembly on November 25 at 10:00!!
There is also an attachment with the document below for you.
We look forward to seeing you again!
- All Dorian photographers will remain masked and socially distant from students at all times.
- Dorian photographers fill out a COVID questionnaire and take their temperature prior to leaving home each morning.
- Photographers will set up in the gym with students entering from the parking lot gym entrance and exiting out the back of the gym, so there is no cross traffic. There will be marks on the floor for 2-3 students 6-8 feet back for waiting. If there are more than 2-3 students behind each photographer, we will use our adults supervising social distancing to hold students on marks outside. This way we are about at a 1 percent capacity in the gym/cafeteria at the maximum. No student is in the gym for more than 3-4 minutes with those 4 kids lined up. Students will be masked at all times except for the 20-30 seconds it takes to snap the picture. This far exceeds any state requirements for indoor activities.
- Only the student may enter the gym for pictures. No parents may accompany except for kindergarten, and only one parent may accompany the kindergartner. Students will enter through the double gym doors and exit out the south gym door.
- A schedule is provided below for students to show up by last name alpha order. This will help ensure we do not have too many students waiting to enter the building.
- Instructions for ordering can be found on the attachment below or click here.
Picture Day Schedule:
Noon to 1:00 ~ A - Co
1:00 to 2:00 ~ Cr -Ha
2:00-3:00 ~ He-Ma
3:00-3:30 ~ BR EAK
3:30-4:30 ~ Mc-Se
4:30-5:30 ~ Se-Z
Please try to make your assigned time, but if it just won't work for you, come at another time and we will fit you in.
Riverview Giving Tree
The Giving Tree Program is Riverview’s way of ensuring that all of our students have a joyous holiday. It provides a means of sharing and supporting each other within a loving and respectful framework. All information and names of participants are kept strictly confidential; they are known only by school administration, some school staff, and the Giving Tree coordinators. The participating children are provided with age appropriate gifts. Big or little, your gift is appreciated and makes a tremendous difference in the life of a child.
If your family is interested in sponsoring a child, please select that option by Monday, November 16th. Make sure to fill out all required fields in the form. Families will then be notified of the age and gender of the child(ren) they are sponsoring. You may also choose to donate funds for us to do the shopping for you by choosing that option on the form.
Unwrapped gifts will need to be dropped off at Riverview by Thursday, December 10th. Beginning Monday, November 9, we will place bins out front during school hours for sponsors to easily drop off gifts. Please include the Student Code and/or the paper copy with the gift so we can be sure it goes to the correct child.
Three options to access the form:
Curbside Pickup for Library Books!
How do I get a new LIBRARY BOOK? It’s easy! Head to Destiny, from HelloID, and put a book on hold. It will be ready for you at the next Wednesday distribution.
Want a book before the next distribution day? Simply email Mrs. Bates! She’ll leave the book for you in the office and you can come and pick it up.
We have SO many GREAT books, waiting for our AWESOME students to checkout. There is a “How to put books on hold” video on the library Canvas page if you need a reminder.
As always, if you need anything just reach out!
Material Distribution day
School Picture Day/noon to 5:30 p.m.
Virtual Assembly @ 10:00 a.m.
Early Dismissal @ 11:30 a.m.
No School/Thanksgiving Holiday
Material Distribution Day
Material Distribution Day
Early Dimissal @ 11:30
District device phone support - Call 360-563-3000
Snohomish School District Website
Check out the Snohomish School District website for detailed information about online learning and much more.
Please be patient with us as we figure out this new and ever-evolving reality! We are trying our hardest to make it work for our families! Thank you.
The Snohomish School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator, Title IX Coordinator and ADA, Darryl Pernat, 1601 Avenue D,, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7285 Section 504 Coordinator and Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying (HIB), Shawn Stevenson,1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290 360-563-7314