April 5th to April 10th
Jefferson's 2021 Spring Blood Drive
Who: All Jefferson students, staff, and families who want to donate blood.
When: Tuesday April 20th (Blue cohort) & Thursday April 22nd (White cohort), 9am-2pm.
Where: During both days at school (only students), during both evenings at the Williams Blvd. Blood Center (students and families).
Why: To help fill a need in our community!
Please choose the link below of the day you will be in person and would like to donate. You will be given a pass to get out of class while you donate. Spread the word to your families and friends to get as many donations as possible. If at least 20 people donate, a small financial scholarship will be given to one Jefferson senior.
Please see Mrs. Fettkether or Cameron Howard, NHS President, with questions.
Donation links: Tuesday April 20th: https://login.bloodcenter.org/donor/schedules/drive_schedule/105824 Thursday April 22nd: https://login.bloodcenter.org/donor/schedules/drive_schedule/105825
Save the Date for Jefferson's Prom Events on Saturday, May 15
Prom will look different this year than it has in the past. We are excited to announce that there will be an outdoor Grand March held at Kingston Stadium. Following the Grand March, Jefferson staff invites you to join them on campus for our "Capture Every Moment" event as students are invited on a walk of memories and photo ops with several Instagrammable photo stations. We would like to make it clear that due to social distancing guidelines, there will be no dance. We remain hopeful that we can offer a post-prom that is not only safe, but an opportunity for our class to be together. Due to needed safety precautions, we will only be allowing Jefferson seniors and their dates to attend.
Although specific social distancing guidelines are to be determined, this is what we know so far:
- All attendees must be high school-aged and visitors must submit the appropriate permission slip.
- Masks will be required at all events.
- It is encouraged that seniors dress their best for this event while remaining in attire that is appropriate for school functions.
- We will be having a Grand March.
- There will NOT be a class-wide dance.
Baseball Starting Soon
Hello JHawk Families! This is just a reminder that the West Side Pantry is up and running at Jefferson High School. Orders can be placed until 1:00 PM on Wednesdays. Orders can be picked up (via student or parent pick up) from 3:00-3:30 PM on Thursdays.
Here are the links to the Order Requests:
West Side Pantry - English: https://forms.gle/N76JfiUrtA7Bx8iLA
West Side Pantry - French: https://forms.gle/PRkYjS7FkytAGgTa7
West Side Pantry - Spanish: https://forms.gle/7HbVpJQgdeCYBFg46
West Side Pantry - Swahili: https://forms.gle/QRqcNpYoaME6GdW4A
Please email Mycala MacTaggart at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Robert E. Yager Active Learning Award
Who can be nominated, and how does the nomination process work?
Any educator (teacher, administrator, para-professional, specialist, etc.) who has made a significant contribution to student-centered active learning is eligible for the award. Nominations can be submitted from parents, educators, administrators, students and community members.
Nomination forms must be completed online at: www.theicm.org/activelearning
IDs and Lanyards
New yearbook surveys!!
Registration Next Steps
Exciting National Honor Society News!
JHS Service Club
Check Your Email Every Day!
Ruffalo Noel Levitz Engagement Center CR
Activities This Week - Attendance Is Limited to 2 Wristbands Per Family
Bolded games are home.
- 4:30 - Tennis: Girls JV1 vs. Prairie
- 4:30 - Tennis: Boys JV1 @ Prairie
- 5:45 - Boys Soccer JV2 @ Prairie
- 7pm -National Honor Society Induction Ceremony
- 4pm - Girls Tennis Var vs. Western Dubuque
- 4pm - Boys Var Tennis @ Western Dubuque
- 4:15 - Boys Var. Soccer vs. Cedar Falls @ Xavier Grass Field
- 4:15 - Track and Field: Boys Varsity Invitational @ Western Dubuque HS
- 4:15 - Track and Field: Girls Varsity Invitational @ Kingston
- 6pm - Boys JV1 Soccer vs. Cedar Falls
- 3:15 - Girls Golf JV Meet @ Twin Pines Golf Course
- 4:15 - Boys Soccer JV2 vs. Kennedy
- 4:15 pm - GSoc vs. Kennedy
- 6:15pm - Wrestling JV vs. Waterloo East
- 7 pm - Wrestling Var. vs. Waterloo East
- 7 pm - Frosh BBB vs. Dub. Wahlert
- Boys Soccer Invitational
- 9:00 am - Girls Tennis JV1 @ Noelridge Park
- 9:00 am - Girls Tennis Varsity vs. Iowa City West
- 9:00 am - Boys Tennis Varsity @ Iowa City West
- 10:30 am - Girls Track Varsity Invite @ Kingston
- 10:30 am - Boys Track Varsity Invite @ Kingston
- 1:00 pm - Girls Tennis Varsity vs. Iowa City High
- 1:00 pm - Boys Tennis Varsity @ Iowa City High (Hawkeye Tennis and Rec Complex)
- 1:00 pm - Boys Tennis JV1 @ Noelridge Park
Has Your Password Expired?
Has your password expired? Your new password must:
- Be at least 8 characters long
- Include 3 of the following 4 items - uppercase, lowercase, number, symbol
- NOT include any part of your username
- NOT be similar to any other recent password
Important Numbers If You Are In Need of Assistance
Jefferson Main Office: (319) 558-2435
Mr. Mike Hawley, Principal
Ms. Lorie Bateman, Associate Principal
Mr. Chris Deam, Athletic Director
Mr. Chad Szabo, Associate Principal
Mr. Mike Panoch, Facilitator
Ms. Lois Bassett, Main Office
Ms. Lori Gunn, Main Office
Ms. Nancy Coffman, Attendance Office (319) 558-2341
Ms. Nicole McCue, Attendance Office (319) 558-2341
Ms. Susan Rumelhart, Nurse (319) 558-3473
Ms. Jackie Simoens, Athletics (319) 558-2148
Ms. Debra Floyd, Bookkeeping (319) 558-2743
Student Services: (319) 558-2441
Brenda Morillo, Counseling Secretary
Nancy Priebe, Special Ed. Compliance Secretary
Kim Abram, Counselor (Freshmen)
Jason Edwards, Counselor (10-12 Students with Last Names A-HA)
Jamie Cummins, Counselor (10-12 Students with Last Names Hb-Pa)
Judy McIntosh, Counselor (10-12 Students with Last Names Pb-Z)
Russ Bush, Technology
Kevin Darrow, PACT
Rebecca Egli, Transition Specialist