Know Something. Do Something.
What's it All About?
What causes it?
- Oral contact with feces
- Contaminated Food
- Sexual Contact (Especially anal)
What are the signs?
- Start to develop from around 15-50 days after infected.
- Fever, Fatigue, Loss of Appetite, Nausea, Stomach Pains
- Yellowing of the eyes
- Liver Failure (It can't process liquids so it leads to cognitive problems in your brain and memory loss)
How do you get tested?
- Blood Test
How can you cure it?
- No cure
- You can get a vaccine to protect against it.
- If you have a severe infection, you will experience short-term illness, then feel better after.
What are the statistics?
- 32% of people in the US have a history of Hepatitis A.
- 23,000 case annually
- Asians and Indians are more likely to get the infection.
- Less people are getting the infection because they are getting the vaccine.