Stay Safe Online
Tips for navigating the internet safely
Everyone likes to wander and explore. Sometimes, when you're roaming online, you can stumble across something that scares you or makes you uncomfortable. Leave the page immediately and tell and adult. The "back" arrow will take you to your previous screen.
Stay away from cyber-strangers!
- If someone asks you a lot of questions online (like your name, where you live, how old you are, where you go to school) - don't answer any questions and delete them from your screen. People can lie online and you never really know who they are.
- Be careful of emails telling you you've won a prize - don't open them and don't respond, it's usually a trick.
- If you want to meet a cyber friend in real life, speak to adult before making any decisions. Never go meet someone you've met online by yourself!
Your password is key
Your computer passwords are SUPER important. Here are some tips for making (and remembering) good passwords that will keep you safe:
- Never use your name or a family members' name as a password - it's the first thing a hacker will guess.
- The longer the password, the harder it is for hackers to crack.
- Change your passwords regularly so that, even if you do get hacked, it won't happen again.
Safe Web Surfing: Top Tips for Kids and Teens Online
Internet Safety for Kids K-3