By Gary Soto
Inner conflict: Man V.S Self- Rudy is not confident with himself.
Evidence: "Rudy: What am i going to talk about? She's older than me and good-looking."
External conflict: Man V.S Mother
Evidence: "Mother: Your too little to have friends (realizes she sounds ridiculous) Pues, a friend like that."
- Rudy's mom is over protective.
- "Mother: Oh m'ijito is going to get married."
- "Mother: Your too little to have friends (realizes she sounds ridiculous) Pues, a friend like that."
- Rudys mom is also supportive
- "Mother: It's important that you act like a gentleman. Show some pride. Don't be a mocoso."
- Rudy seems very clueless
- "Rudy: What am I gonna talk about?"
- Rudy is also caring
- "Rudy: Sir, I think you've got to get out."
- Definition- Thwart by creating confusion or bewilderment.
- Synonym- Confuse
- Definition- Range or distance a noise can be heard.
- Synonym- Listening
- Definition- Recall past experiences
- Synonym- Remind