Upcoming Events at SERESC
SERESC is celebrating its 40 years!
Who Should Attend?
About the Presentation:
This workshop is designed for professionals,paraprofessionals, and family members who already have basic knowledge of autismspectrum disorders (ASDs). The workshop will
- social/emotional competence in children in preschool through grade 3
- a brief review of the impact of DSM-5changes in diagnostic criteria for autism spectrum disorders (ASD)
- assessment of the child’s social strengths and challenges
- accommodations and modifications of the physical and interpersonal environment that increase the child’s availability for social learning
- explanation and demonstration of strategies for direct teaching of children and parents in school, home, and clinical settings (including applied behavior analysis and relationship-based approaches).
After attending this workshop, participants will be able to:
- list at least five areas of social development that should be assessed in young children with ASDs
- describe at least three modifications of the physical/temporal environment that support availability for social learning
- describe at least three modifications of the interpersonal environment that support availability for social learning
- describe at least three applied behavior analysis (ABA) tools for enhancing social competence
- describe at least three developmental/ pragmatic tools for enhancing social competence
- provide at least two specific examples of embedding social goals in the classroom or home environment
8:00 am Sign-in and continental breakfast
8:30 am Description of social competence in young children with ASD
10:30 am Morning Break
10:45 am Assessment of strengths and challenges; Accommodations to support social competence
12:00 pm Lunch at SERESC
12:45 pm Interventions to teach social competence
2:00 pm Break
2:15 pm Interventions (continued)
3:30 pm Wrap up, Questions and Answers, certificates
Continuing Education Credits:
6 CE Credits for Licensed NH Psychologists.
(Note: Credits granted are approved for all NH mental health professionals licensed by the NH Board of Mental Health Practice). NHPA is approved by the American Psychological Association to offer Continuing Education for psychologists. NHPA maintains responsibility for the program.
Phone: (603) 225-9925
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgWeb Site: nhpaonline.org
Cancellation should be made in writing. A full refund will be made for cancellations postmarked, or sent via email, 7 days before the event.
No refunds will be given for requests received after 7 days before the event, or for "no shows". We do accept substitution of another person at our conference. 24 hours of notification is appreciated.
All received registrations are subject to Cancellation/Refund policy. Cost of registration fee is still liable whether payment is paid or unpaid, if no notice of cancellation is received at least 7 days prior to the event.
If minimum requirement enrollment is not met prior to the early registration deadline, the event may be postponed or canceled.
SERESC Conference Center
29 Commerce Drive
Bedford, NH 03110
Our mission is to inspire innovation and excellence in education and professional practice, and our vision is for helping organizations and individuals achieve their greatest potential as they learn, lead and grow. Our core values are innovation, excellence, integrity, and service.
Click below for directions