May 16, 2016
HOWARD STUDENTS HAVE READ 16, 278, 215 WORDS
Accelerated Reader Tally
Markus - 3, 111, 739 Words Read
Eckley - 3, 069, 464 Words Read
Sherren - 2, 719, 870 Words Read
Chapple/Marston - 486, 957 Words Read
Hill- 72, 542 Words Read
Zielinski - 8, 835 Words Read
Upper-Grade Students 400,000+ Club
- Angel Coleman - 1, 113, 153 (Baker Nash)
- Jeremiah Williams - 768, 555 (Baker Nash)
- Nevaeh Wilson - 620, 622 (Baker Nash)
- Xavier Moreno- 568, 175 (Baker Nash)
- Kassandra Nunez-Lopez - 489, 097 (Baker Nash)
- Brijae Quintana - 420, 644 (Markus)
- Billy Johnson - 417, 555 (Baker Nash)
Primary Students 40,000+ Club
- Alexis Musselwhite- 144, 454 (Chapple)
- David Castaneda- 125, 752 (Chapple)
- Allen Owens- 48, 771 (Chapple)
- Kamal Conyers- West - 42, 500 (Chapple)
Mrs. Gross for all you do for Howard.
Mr. Carranza for all your PBIS hard work.
Ann Martin Team for your informative presentation at our staff meeting.
Thank you to Ms. Brown for all of your hard work helping with testing.
Thank you to the teachers who have gone to get books for Literacy night.
Mrs. Ratcliff and Mrs. Gross For: Burgers and fries last Friday.
Mrs. Ratcliff for all your hard work ordering supplies.
Please let me know if you have a shout out you would like to see in our Howard
Please move all nonworking equipment (Desktop workstations that are Dell OptiPlex 760 models or lower, Laptops, Mobile phones, Tablets, Printers, Copiers, FAX machines, multifunction machines (No full size copy machines), Handheld devices, Scanners, Servers, Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Cords, cables, and small e-waste (no disks or trash) and CRT and LCD monitors) to the teacher's workroom for pick up this summer.
- Enter attendance by 10:30 am every day.
- Use this link to submit your PE minutes by the end of the week.
- Please continue to email any tech issues to Ms. Brown, so they can be resolved as soon as possible.
- To ensure student safety, it is important that all staff report to yard duty on time.
Week at a Glance
Computer Lab Observation
FC Meeting 3 to 4
Jacques On Site in AM
Cost Meeting 11 to 12
Williams Off Site in Afternoon
ILT Team Meeting 3 to 4
Williams Off Site-Principal PD
Important Upcoming Dates
Family Literacy Night 5/25
Minimum Day 5/26
No School 5/28 & 5/30
Howard Carnaval 6/2
5th Grade Promotion 6/8
Odds and Ends
- Please submit attendance by 10:30 am daily
- Personal leave days must be requested 3 days in advance by completing a B form and submitting to Mrs Ratcliff.
- Incident reports should be filled out and submitted to the office for all head and major injuries (Incident reports do not go home).
- Ouch reports should be filled out and sent home for all minor injuries.
- Sign in and out daily with arrival and departure times.
- All independent study requests must be referred to Mrs Gross.