T.H.E. Weekly Newsletter
March 06 - March 10, 2023
Tenie Holmes Elementary
T.H.E. Blackcats of the Week
At T.H.E. we realize the importance of student recognition, therefore; we have put into place the "Blackcats of the Week". In this week's recognition, we have:
This week we have: 3rd Grade Michael Onwuchekwa, Jha’Zari Gardner 4th Grade: Jayden Diaz, Carla Marroquin 5th Grade: Jose Magana, Wynter Cook
Congratulations to all these students, we look forward to recognizing students every week for their hard work and dedication.
A huge shoutout to Mrs. Guevara-Asst. Principal for organizing this new weekly recognition.
Parents, make sure your student attends school every day all day. Every minute counts. Students must be in class ready to receive instruction at 8:00am
- Individual class attendance incentives. Popcorn celebration when the class spells out BLACKCATS.
- The class with the highest attendance % per grade level will get pizza at the end of the third and sixth weeks.
- Grade level with the highest attendance % will get an ice cream social at the end of the six weeks.
Chromebook Etiquette-Parents, we need your assistance with the following:
1. Only log into a Chromebook using their own username and password.
2. Do not let anyone borrow your Chromebook if you have already logged into it.
3. Be mindful that everything we search for on the internet is being monitored.
4. As a student, you are ultimately responsible for anything being searched for under your username and password.
Parents, we greatly appreciate your help with this matter.
We will resume W.I.N. Time on Saturday, February 25, 2023.
We are extremely proud of all our students who have shown up to Saturday W.I.N. Time. Your support as a parent with this is greatly appreciated! Thank you for being invested in your child's education.
1. THE staff, students, families, and community will collaborate and lead by example, to provide:
A positive and safe learning environment.
Following the SCoC (Student Code of Conduct)
Utilizing the school's SRO to educate our students on safety.
At this time we have Zero Tolerance for Fighting. If you are an instigator and/or spectator you are part of the fight.
2. High-quality learning where all students will learn at high levels, in a culture of collaboration, with a focus on results.
Making data-driven decisions with the collaboration of all team leads.
Monitoring students' growth with the collaboration of the campus instructional coach and all district instructional facilitators.
Providing interventions to close all gaps with the collaboration of the campus interventionist
Afterschool tutoring program “WIN” (What I Need)
Saturday Academies for students performing below grade level and for enrichment purposes.
3. Building relationships with staff, peers, and partnerships between families and our community to create long-lasting healthy connections.
Mentorship program with the district employees.
Mentorship program with the community’s leaders.
Good News Club
Chamber of Commerce T.H.E. Teacher of the Year
- Early Release: Friday, March 10, 2023
- Spring Break: March 13-17
Tuesday, March 7, 2023, 3rd-5th Reading Benchmark
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, 5th Grade Science Benchmark
Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 3rd-5th Math Benchmark
Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 3rd-5th STAAR Reading Test
Tuesday, April 25, 2023, 5th STAAR Science Test
Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 3rd-5th STAAR Math Test
Tenie Holmes Elementary
Ana L. FloresInterim Principal
Assistant Principal: L-Z
Assistant Principal: A-K
Megan Perez: A-Z