Anderson Weekly News! 5/16/23
What's your Superpower? Creativity!
Dates to Remember
- Wed. May 17th Tekakwitha Walk during PE
- Wed. May 17th Channel 72 news participants - Party in the Courtyard 2:30 - 3:00
- Thurs May 18th Meet the Band Instruments Event FOR 4TH GRADE STUDENTS ONLY
- Friday May 19th - ALL LRC BOOKS ARE DUE
- Friday May 19th - Family Picnic Day! (See info below for your child's lunch time)
- Mon. May 22nd - Staff vs 5th graders Volleyball Game
- Sat. May 20th - Run Club 5 K 8:00 am start - Meet at SEEBA Park in South Elgin at 7:30 am
- Tues. May 23rd Talent Show 6:00 pm in the gym
- Thurs. May 25th Power AMP/ Field Day 8:00 - 3:00
- Fri. May 26th 5th Grade Hero Ceremony (with Parents) 8:30 - 10:00
- Fri. May 26th - 5th Grade River Bend Picnic
- Fri. May 26th - LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
Summer Learning Bags! (Free to the first 412 students) Tuesday 5/23 5:15-7:30
For the record, we have 412 students at Anderson. We have a Summer Learning Bag for every student, Kindergarten through 5th grade. In the bag your family will find grade specific math games that your child knows how to play and will help them maintain and improve their math skills for next school year. It will also be filled with books to keep them reading all summer.
All families are invited to come to Anderson on Tuesday 5/23 anytime between 5:15 and 7:30 to pick up your child's Summer Learning Bag. Students will get to go "shopping" and pick out the books they want. We will make sure all students have books, but first come first choose. :) Weather permitting we will have all the book tables set up in the center courtyard of the school. Kids will get to go shopping and pick out at least 2 books to add to their bags.
We can't wait to see every family Tuesday night anytime between 5:15 and 7:30 PM.
TALENT SHOW REHERSALS & TALENT SHOW REMINDERS:
Those participating in the Talent Show will have practice as follows:
- Thursday May 18th 3-430pm-Full Rehearsal (Run Club members can miss)
- Monday May 22nd 3-430pm-Full Rehearsal
- Tuesday May 23 6-730pm (Be there at 530)
THE TALENT SHOW WILL BE ON MAY 23rd AT 6:30 IN THE GYM (Those in the talent show need to arrive at 5:30pm).
Anderson Family Picnic! Friday, May 19th
You are all invited to come to Anderson for our Family Picnic on Friday May 19th. As you can see below each grade level will be eating outside at a different time. Students can bring a lunch from home, order from the school cafeteria, or eat the picnic lunch you bring them.
Families are encouraged to bring a blanket, (camping chairs if you prefer) and what ever food you need to enjoy a picnic with your child. Students are able to eat with their friend's families and teachers.
When you arrive at school for the picnic, please check in at the Welcome Table around the back of the school to sign in and get a visitor sticker.
- 4th and 5th Grade 10:55-11:35
- Kindergarten and 1st Grade: 11:35-12:15
- 2nd and 3rd Grade: 1215-12:55
PARENTS WITH RETURNING STUDENTS; DON'T FORGET TO COMPLETE ONLINE REGISTRATION
Parents, for those that have not done so yet, please complete the online registration for returning students as soon as possible. It helps with our team being able to plan for the upcoming school year, and we want as many if not all returning students registered before the last day of school. We appreciate all our parents in helping us get ready for the next school year!
D303 Summer Camps!
Parents, please visit the Summer School & Camp page at D303.org to see all of the summer offerings available for all ages at all D303 schools: Band, Orchestra, Firefly, TigerCub, Athletic & Swim Lessons. (Please note that the high schools & middle schools offer classes for younger grades).
If you are interested in this dance camp, please know that there may be reduced or no cost if your family qualifies for Free/Reduced Lunch.
FROM the DISTRICT:
For more information on the SEPAC, click on the graphic above.