IMPORTANT INFORMATION- 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR - PLEASE READ
- Building offices are open on Wednesdays from 9 am-12 pm until 8/4/21. They will be open on 8/9 to 8/20 from 7am - 2pm.
- Building 3D TOURS!! Is your student going into a new building this year? Check out our new NWCS 3D building tours.
- The first day of school will be Wednesday, August 25, 2021 and will be a ½ day for students. Please CLICK HERE to view our 2021-2022 NWCS calendar. You can also download the NWCS mobile app from the Apple or Google Play store to view.
- Open house schedules are also available on the NWCS calendar and noted on the calendar on the NWCS mobile app.
- Wednesdays will be early release days. CLICK HERE to view arrival and dismissal times for each building.
- Supply lists are being updated. They will be available on the website or the mobile app under PARENT RESOURCES/STUDENT SUPPLY LISTS.
- Parents are required to create a Parent PowerSchool Portal account where you will be able to view transportation information, teacher assignments, grades and fill out electronic forms from the district. Information on the Parent PowerSchool Portal accounts was mailed to parents with report cards in June. CLICK HERE for more information on how to create an account.
- Students will be assigned their own technology with all assignments loaded on our learning management platforms, Schoology (3-12) and SeeSaw (Y5-2).
- At this time, NWCS will not require students or staff to wear masks in our buildings. We will continue to follow other mitigation measures such as social distrancing where available as well as routine cleaning and disinfecting.
- NWCS will continue to work with local and state health departments monitoring the COVID-19 situation in our community and school buildings.
- At this time, per the CDC requirements, those who test positive for COVID-19 or are in close contact with a positive and experiencing symptoms will be required to quarantine. We encourage students and staff to stay home if they are sick or having COVID-19 symptoms and to report positive or close contact cases to our NWCS COVID-19 Reporting Tool.
- At this time, students who are absent will be marked absent per the current state attendance policies.
Jackson Magazine Top Teacher- 2022- NOW ACCEPTING NOMINATIONS
MEET UP and EAT UP : Summer Grab-n-Go FREE Meals
Northwest Community Schools announces the sponsorship of the Summer Food Service Program for children. Free meals will be made available to children 18 years of age and under or persons up to age 26 who are enrolled in an educational program for the mentally or physically disabled that is recognized by a State or local public educational agency. The meals will be provided without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability, and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service.
- Starting June14, 2021 to August 16, 2021
- Meals will be a pickup only.
- Pick up is at the front entrance of Northwest High School on Monday's between 10:00 AM- 12:00 PM.
- Meal kits will include 5 breakfast and lunch meals. This is not drive thru style, please park and pick up at the front doors.
- Please fill out the pre-order form to reserve your kit. Pre-Order From Link - Click Here
No Summer Feeding during the week of July 5th - July 9th, closed for summer break.
If you have any questions on this program please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent PowerSchool Transportation Updates
- Parent PowerSchool Login Site
- Parent PowerSchool Resources - How to create an account, how to add a student
- Parents who have downloaded and signed into the NWCS Mobile app can also view their transportation information.
Questions?? Email email@example.com
2021-2022 TEACHER ASSIGNMENTS
These will no longer be posted on the door of the buildings to view. Parents must create a Parent PowerSchool account to view their students teacher assignment for the upcoming year. This information will not be available until August 20, 2021.