Literacy and Your Child's Success
A free learning event for all Oakland County parents!
Tuesday, March 14th, 6:30-9pm
2111 Pontiac Lake Road
Waterford Township, MI
Check-in is at 6:00 pm and the session starts promptly at 6:30 pm.
A general session will be followed by four breakout sessions. Choose two breakout sessions:
1. Online resources to support literacy learning - Christine Schneider, Michigan eLibrary (All grades)
2. Ways to develop early literacy skills through talking and writing - Christine Maier, Oakland Schools Early Childhood Consultant (Focus: Birth to Pre-K)
3. Reading to and with children: Practical strategies that will support literacy - Les Howard, Oakland Schools Literacy Consultant (Focus: Grades K-3)
4. Strategies to motivate and engage readers: What you can do to help! - Michele Farah, Oakland Schools Literacy Consultant (Grades 3-5)
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Why should you attend?
- Practical strategies for home and school
- Opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills for your children and yourself
- A chance to meet and work with parents and educators, all striving to support children/students
- Ways for you to increase your voice and influence
The evidence is consistent, positive and convincing: Families have a major influence on their children's achievement. When schools, families and community groups work together to support learning, children tend to do better in school, stay in school longer, and like school more.