BV News & Notes
Our Mid-Month School Announcements
January 15, 2014
BV SCHOOL STORE - VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!!!!
The Bridge Valley School Store is in need of parent volunteers to assist with running the “store” every other Friday morning beginning in February.
Volunteer duties will include:
- Setting up tables and supply carts to create the “store”.
- Selling items to students during morning arrival
- Collecting and counting money
- Breaking down the "store"
- Keeping inventory of items sold and items that need to be re-ordered
The School Store will be open from 8:15- 8:35 every other Friday. Volunteers generally arrive around 8:00 a.m. to set everything up.
If you are interested in this EXCITING opportunity please contact Kate Mooney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Science ALIVE needs your help!
Science ALIVE has three main activities:
· Family Fun Night (a fantastic Franklin Institute Show presented at BVE) on Monday, March 3rd
· LGI Science Laboratory Visits which occur March 3rd – March 6th
· Classroom Guest Presenters on Friday, March 7th
This week of science is great fun for the kids and provides a perfect opportunity for parents to be involved in their kids’ classroom activities. Please click on the links below to be a part of this year’s Science ALIVE week.
Blazer Academy is back for 2014!
Blazer Academy is back for 2014! We are excited about the variety of classes and new changes for this year. Please take a moment to review the class information and new sign up process before January 22, 2014.
· The program is 6 weeks, instead of 5 weeks
· The sign up process is now online (see details below)
· Each class will cost $30 this year due to an additional week of classes (Additional materials fee for some classes, if applicable)
Classes will begin the week of February 3, 2014 and end the week of March 10, 2014 for a total of 6 weeks. Classes begin at 3:30 PM and end promptly at 4:30 PM. The week of March 17, 2014 will be a makeup week for any classes that were missed due to inclement weather. Classes on Monday, February 17, 2014 will be made up on Monday, March 17, 2014.
Please note the new changes. Enrollment will occur online beginning January 22, 2014 at 7:00 PM and close on January 29, 2014 at 11:59 PM. Enrollment is limited for each class and is determined by the instructor. Classes are filled on a first come, first serve basis. Below is information to assist with the online registration process;
· Click here to register online for classes
· Please complete each field
· You must register each child individually
· Each class is listed as the class name, grade levels, teacher and additional cost, if applicable; (ie. Perler (1st-3rd) - by LN ($10.00).
· You will have 20 minutes to compete your registration,including payment, per login
· Payment options include; credit card, Paypal or check (Paypal or check is preferred)
If you need to set up a Paypal account, please do so before January 22, 2014
BV FAMILY FIT FEST 2-11-14
Box Tops for Education Ipod Giveaway!!!
For the 100th day of school we will hold a drawing for a brand new Ipod Shuffle. Want to win like Ayden Carey (the December winner of a Regal Movie Gift Card)?
For every box tops submission sheet with 10 box tops taped or glued on, your child will be entered! Its just that simple! Don’t forget the student’s name on top. SUBMISSION DEADLINE FEBRUARY 7th.
Questions? Please call Ellen Rackas at 215-794-3976 or email email@example.com.
Revisions to our Elementary Report Card and Portfolio Conferences
Communication between school and home about a child’s academic progress and personal growth should occur throughout the school year. However, the formal opportunities for teachers to share progress towards a student’s learning goals takes place quarterly. These formal opportunities include a report card three times a year and a spring portfolio conference. We are working to revise our current system to take effect in the 2014-2015 school year.
In the spring of 2013, a group of teachers, principals, and staff development facilitators came together to begin the process of revising a reporting system that requires a fresh look, one more closely aligned with Pennsylvania and Central Bucks academic standards. Now, almost a year later, the creation of the reporting process is nearly complete. Please visit the link on the Bridge Valley home page. There you will find the letter and brochure explaining our approach to creating a Standards-Based Progress Reporting System. We will also post updates on this work over the next several months. This is an opportunity for all of us to focus our attention on learning goals and student progress.