Concord Magnet Thursday Notice
September 22, 2022
Thursday, September 22: Back To School Night, 6:30-8:00 pm
Friday, September 23: Enrichment Program - Li Liu
Monday, September 26: Rosh Hashanah, School Holiday
Tuesday, September 27: PTA Meeting, 7:00 pm
Wednesday, September 28: SGC Mtg., 6:30 pm
Wednesday, October 5: Yom Kippur, School Holiday
Monday, October 10: Indigenous People Day, School Holiday
Sunday, October 16: CMS Hispanic Heritage Celebration, 12:00-3:00 pm
Monday, October 17: Staff Professional Day, No School for Students
Monday, October 31: 2-Hour Early Dismissal, Staff Professional Development
Student Emergency Contact Information & More
- Student's information in PowerSchool
- Directory/Media Release Form
- Telecommunications/Internet: Acceptable Use Policy
This information will be sent home with students tomorrow for parents who are unable to attend Back-To-School Night.
A Fun Time at Mr. Frosty's!
Drop-Off/Pick Up Reminders
- All students who are picked up by car or walk-ups after school are now dismissed from the playground door. (This change does not affect morning drop-off.)
- Cars in the pick-up lane will line up behind the playground crosswalk.
- Students arriving at school late must be escorted into the building and signed in by an adult.
NWEA Testing Window
The Beginning of Year (BOY) NWEA testing window is September 19 to October 4, 2022.
Grades 3-8 will take the Reading Assessment.
Grades 1-8 will take the Math Assessment.
Concord Magnet Middle School Students
The first general CMS PTA meeting is Tuesday, September 27 at 7:00 pm in the CMS cafeteria. All CMS parents are welcome!
Meet Your PTA
-Approval of Additional Expenses
Parent Volunteers Needed!
The CMS PTA is looking to rebuild our PTA committees this year and lots and lots of help is needed! Our PTA has a full schedule of activities planned this year and volunteers are needed to help oversee these activities and the fundraisers that support these events as well as field trips and enrichment.
Please check out the Google Forms below and consider volunteering.
CMS Events & Activities Committee
CMS Fundraising Committee
All New CMS Spiritwear!
Below is the link for this school year’s Spirit Wear Store! Families will purchase directly from the link and the clothing items will be sent to their homes. New options will be added periodically. Please check sizing charts and material information attached to each item. There is a large amount of youth and adult items, please check the product name to see if it is a youth or adult product. If there are any questions, please email Tory Ferrara at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in volunteering and/or running the Spiritwear Store please go to the google form below:
NPS District Protocols
Norwalk Public Schools Volunteer Protocols
NPS Volunteer Protocols state that parents visiting their child’s class for a one-time “class party” (ex. Valentine’s Day) are exempt from fingerprints and DCF related items. They simply needed to complete the application link below.
As for field trips and any regular (daily/weekly/monthly projects) visits, volunteers must complete all of the required steps. NPS does not currently allow any parents/volunteers to transport students on field trips or band outings.
Prospective volunteers may sign-up here: Volunteer Registration Link
Once your application is submitted, you will receive an email outlining the remaining steps of the process.
2022/23 Covid Protocols
Covid protocols remain the same as last school year -- the main change is that quarantine is not required for household contacts; regardless of vaccination status. Contacts of a positive individual in a household do not need to quarantine but must wear a mask while at home and outside of the home for 10 days. If they present with any symptoms, they must test.
- Students with possible Covid symptoms should stay home.
- Any student with symptoms should be sent home and may return with a negative Covid test or a note from the medical provider.
- At-home Covid tests remain available for testing at home.
- Isolation spaces must be available for students with symptoms.
- Students who test positive for Covid must isolate at home for at least 5 days from symptom onset and may return to school on day 6 if they have been without a fever for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication. The student must wear a mask through day 10.
- Nurses will continue to conduct household assessments of those students who test positive, and provide recommendations.
- Masking continues to be optional.
- Principals to continue to notify the school community of a positive Covid case in the building.
CMS on Facebook
"Concord Magnet School K-8" is our public page.
"CMS Parents Group" is a closed group open only to CMS parents. You will be asked a few questions before being approved, but it's only to ensure our members are CMS parents.
"CMS - en Espanol Group" is for our Spanish-speaking parents.