News From the Pond
Mrs. Murphy's Kindergarten
This Friday, November 20, will mark our 50th day of school! We will have fun celebrating with activities revolving around the number 50 and the 50s decade. If your child hasn't return his/her homework sheet and collection of 50 things, please do so by Thursday. If your child, wishes he/she may dress in 50s style for this special day.
Family Engineering Night
Family Engineering Night was once again a huge success! It was nice to see so many of you there! The Science Museum does a nice job of supplying lots of fun and engaging STEM activities to perk students interest in STEM areas. Kaylen was a great assistant as the presenter helped students understand that a technology is anything made by humans.
We have been very fortunate to have such nice weather this fall; but we do live in Minnesota, so sooner or later the temps are bound to drop. Please be sure your child comes to school dressed appropriately for the weather as the students go out daily for recess (with the exception of rainy days). Here are a few skills that you can help your child practice at home that will greatly help in saving time and frustrations in school:
- Zipping/buttoning/snapping coats
- Right-siding inside-out sleeves or snowpant legs
- Putting on full winter gear in a timely manner and orderly fashion. (ie. snowpants on first-BEFORE boots and coats, etc.)
- Putting hats, scarves, mittens, gloves inside coat sleeve so they do not get lost
- Please label all of your child's outdoor clothing. There are often students who have the exact same coats or outerwear, so labeling clothing eliminates any confusions or mix-ups.