Whitley Road Elementary School
Week 23, February 15 - 19, 2016
Week 23 ~
News from your Principal:
This year Human Resources will host two Transfer Fair Days this spring for employees looking for new opportunities in the District.
The first Transfer Fair Day, on March 22, 2016, will be only for the professional staff on campuses affected by the 2014 Bond: South Keller Intermediate, Indian Springs Middle, Early Learning Center and Basswood Elementary.
Only professional staff at these campuses may register for the March 22 Transfer Fair day. The Online Teacher Transfer window opens Friday, February 26 through Sunday, March 6 at midnight.
The second Transfer Fair Day, on April 5, 2016, will be for all professional staff district-wide. Professional staff that participated in the March 22 Transfer Fair may also participate in the April 5 Transfer Fair.
The Online Teacher Transfer window for the district-wide Transfer Fair Day opens Friday, March 11 and it will close Sunday, March 27 at midnight.
Information on how to request a transfer for each Transfer Fair Day may be found at the following on the Workforce K-Connect site.
TCU Leadership Institute
The TCU Leadership Fellows Principal Preparation Program is a unique opportunity for teachers to engage in a two-year program of study, including a full-year paid internship, leading to a Masters in Educational Leadership and Texas principal certification.
If you have a desire to learn more about the program and how to apply, please join us for this informational meeting from 4:30-5:30 p.m. Monday, February 29, at the KISD Education Center Boardroom (Rock Gym), 350 Keller Parkway.
This Week's Reminder - EXPECTATION #2
Early Resignation/Retirement Incentive Program ($750/$250)
The first 100 professional instructional staff members – including teachers, librarians, nurses, counselors, and diagnosticians, etc. – to submit a resignation/retirement letter effective the end of their contract year to their principal no later than March 21, 2016 will receive an incentive stipend of $750 dollars in their final paycheck.
Those contract instructional staff members who submit their end of year resignation letter no later than March 21st will also receive an additional stipend of $250 in their final paycheck for perfect attendance beginning April 1 through the end of the school year.
News from your Assistant Principal -
• While fire drills are no longer scheduled, please expect one soon. The weather will be in the 70s this week.
• Please be aware of the meetings scheduled on your calendars. Recently, we’ve started ARDs, 504s, SITs and other meetings past the scheduled time, and in some instances up to 15 minutes late. There is a lot going on this time of year; therefore, please be ready and on time, so that we can move on to the next agenda item in a timely manner.
• Thank you for being proactive last week regarding discipline, as referrals went down. The majority of the discipline issues are occurring during transitions times such as; transitioning from class to CoCurr, recess to the classroom and vice-versa, and at recess. Please make sure to monitor these transition periods and address issues as they occur.
• Last day for referral, Tuesday, February 16th. Janie will be working on this month’s schedule. Please make sure to leave the referral form in her box. Any students submitted after this date, will be placed on the SIT schedule for March.
• Parent conferences by Thursday, February 18th .
• Email intervention logs and/summaries (Specialists) to Charlie by Weds. February 24th .
• SIT meeting, Friday, February 26th.
Library Lingo from your Librarian...
Please remember there are no scheduled classes in the library this week, Feb. 15-19 due to the book fair.
The book fair hours are 7:30-3:15 Monday through Thursday and then on Friday I will be open until 11am.
Make sure to spend your teacher credit before the book fair closes on the last day.
Six Flags reading forms (to earn the free ticket) need to turned in no later than the end of the school day on February 25. Returning them early to the library or my teacher box is always good.
Please also disregard any correspondence emails that Six Flags might send to you. You have no paperwork to complete, I’ve got you covered!
Learning from your Instructional Coach...
Whitley Road Elementary School
WRES Campus Website
WRES PTA Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007883744972