The Madison School PTA Newsletter / February 19, 2021
Black History Month Virtual Assembly: Wilma Rudolf
Please join us for this assembly at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, February 23, on Google Classroom. This special event was made possible thanks to your contributions to the Madison PTA. Questions? Ask Mr. Callahan.
Enter the Madison Paw Prints Cover Contest!
Each year, the cover of the Madison Paw Prints yearbook is designed by one of our very own 5th grade students. Encourage your artist to submit a drawing for this year's cover. The guidelines were delivered to 5th grade students and posted to the Facebook Group on January 30. Entries must be emailed to email@example.com by February 25.
Submit Photos: The yearbook needs your help in gathering photos! Whether your student is in person or virtual, please share photos of what school looks like for you. Post them in the Madison PTA Facebook Group or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Madison students only, please – no siblings.)
Purchase a Yearbook: Commemorate this wild school year with a Madison Paw Prints yearbook. Yearbooks can be purchased at TreeRing.com until March 31, 2021. Login with your username/password from previous years (or create a login/password if you haven't ordered before) and select “Madison Elementary School 2020-2021.” You may choose to purchase either a softcover or hardcover book, and you can add your own custom pages if you'd like.
Have Questions? Contact Yearbook Chief Editor Megan Savitt.
Monthly Madison Cares Volunteering Highlight: Humanitarian Service Project
Humanitarian Service Project's purpose is to alleviate the pain and suffering that poverty brings to seniors and children in need. It is located in Carol Stream and offers many opportunities to get involved.
Here are a few ways:
- Make a donation
- Adopt a child or a senior
- Donate goods: food, toys, books, paper
- Hold a collection drive: senior care kits, school supplies, arts and crafts supplies, party in a bag
Thank you to everyone who made Valentines for local seniors!
Extracurricular Activities Are Returning!
After Spring Break, Mrs. Feeley and Mrs. Acharya will bring back the Madison Running Club! All 4th and 5th grade students are invited to participate. Stay tuned for more details.
Tuesdays at 2
The February 23 meeting will feature the Wilma Rudolf assembly, but you can join every Tuesday via Google Classroom.
Engage with DE&I
- Catch up on the "Talking About Race" series - Recordings of all past presentations are available on Wheaton Public Library's YouTube Channel
- Join a meeting - Fill out this form to join
- Get involved in Madison's equity team - Email Mr. Callahan for more information or to participate
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to the DEI Committee Chair (and Madison parent), Anjali Bharadwa, at email@example.com or by phone at 630-660-5937.
- February 21: Deadline to transition from virtual to in-person school
- February 23: Parent Workshop: Cultivating Resilience During COVID-19
- February 24: Board of Education Committee of the Whole Meeting
- February 26: Institute Day - No School
- February 26: Mobile Food Pantry at Hubble Middle School
- March 3: Madison Kindergarten Round-Up
- March 4: Mobile Food Pantry at Hubble Middle School
The next Madison PTA meeting is on March 15 at 7 p.m. via Zoom. Watch your inbox for the link. You can view the full meeting schedule for the year and access minutes from previous meetings on the Madison PTA website.