Thursday, March 4, 2021
Week of March 1-5, 2021
You will review the STAR, BALLOON, DRAIN, and PRETZEL breathing activities. Pick one to do for the day after reviewing them.
Commitment for the week: Have your child pick which commitment they would like to try for the day.
Today's Morning Message:
Pencils and markers are tools for writing.
- Say the Morning Message.
- Have child to write the sentence on paper.
- Invite child to help you build on your sentence.
- Ask questions to formulate their thoughts.
- What can you build? Who might help you? What materials might you use?
- Scaffold child additions until you have built a complex sentence(My friend and I can construct a new cabin in the block center,)
Review all 26 letters
Letters we have already learned and continue to work on:
Mm, Tt, Cc, Ff, Hh, Nn, Oo, Pp, Ee, Ff, Rr, Gg ,Ii, Ss, Kk, Bb, Ll, Aa, Dd, Vv, Ww, Zz, Jj, Qq, Uu, Xx,Y y
Moving and Learning
Read The Runaway Cookie Parade p. 209.
- Have your child play the parts of the animal cookies: a duck, a rabbit, a dog, a cat, a bear and a pony.
- Ask child what sound does a duck, a rabbit, a dog, a cat, a bear and a pony make.
- Have your child practice the movements described by the vocabulary words.
- Read the story. When you come to the description of the animal cookies' escape, have child stand and perform the actions described in the story.
Daily Literacy Practice
- writing your name
- putting together name puzzle
- practice saying the letters and sounds Pp,Ee,Ff,Rr,Gg,Kk,Ss,Ii,Oo,Aa,Cc.Tt,Mm,Ww,Zz Hh,Nn,Bb,Ll,Dd,Vv,Jj, Qq, Uu, Xx, Yy . Find these letters all over the house and discuss the sound each time.
- Practice writing the letters (uppercase and lowercase)
See Saw Literacy -
Math and Science
- Fold a piece of paper in half.
- Write the numbers 0-10 on the paper.
- Empty a box of eight crayons on the floor.
- Ask child how many crayons are in the box.
- Have child point to the number 8.
- Point to any number on the paper and have child tell you what the number is.
- Continue until all the numbers have been name.