RHPS: We are Connected
August 1, 2022
It's here! The 1st day of school is tomorrow!
Reminders for the 1st day
Be sure to place your child's bracelet on their arm tomorrow morning. This will let your child know which hall their class is on by color and the teacher's name will help adults direct them to their teacher's classroom.
Students will report to their homeroom class independently on the first day of school. We will continue the same drop-off routine used last year. If you plan to bring your child to school on the 1st day, please use the car line.
A few tips for car line drop-off:
- Please have students ready to exit the car when you get to the drop off line (unbuckled, bookbags on, shoes tied, etc.).
- Parents should stay in the car during drop off and pick up. If your child needs assistance getting buckled, please pull up and move over to the buckle zone.
Thank you for partnering with Bryan County Schools as we strive to create a safe, academically-focused learning environment for our students.
CAR RIDER LINE
● Dismissal - Car riders have an assigned number. Parents may pick-up their children by driving through the car rider line with the child’s car tag displayed on the driver’s side dashboard. Please keep this card visible until the student is loaded in the vehicle.
Car rider tags are distributed before the school year begins. We can not release students without a car tag. If you have lost/misplaced your tag, please go directly to the front office to obtain a temporary tag prior to entering the car line.
● Morning drop-off for students will take place along the back of RHPS. We will use the entire sidewalk to unload students on the driver’s side of the car.
● Please do not drop your child off before 8:25 AM as we cannot guarantee adult supervision until that time.
● If your child would like to eat breakfast at school, they must be dropped off in the car line prior to 8:45.
● The car rider line will close at 8:55. Students will be marked tardy if they are not in their classrooms at 9:00. If you arrive after 8:55, please bring your child into the front office to sign-in.
● At the end of the school day, children will remain in a supervised area until someone picks them up from school. To pick-up your child, you must enter the car rider line. Refrain from cell phone use while in the car line.
● Your car must be totally stopped and placed in PARK before your child will be permitted to step out to enter your vehicle.
● For the safety of your child and staff members, we will load on the driver’s side only. Please work with your child to practice buckling and unbuckling themselves to allow for timely loading and unloading of cars. For your safety and convenience, we have a buckle zone that allows you to pull over and assist your child to buckle up, if needed.
● Please follow the established traffic flow to keep the line moving.
RHPS students are not allowed to walk independently. Walkers must be accompanied by an adult or a responsible sibling.
All walkers and bike-riders will complete a Walker/Bike-rider application. Once approved, you will receive a walker pick-up tag and your child will be in the walker pick-up area at dismissal. If your child is normally a walker/bike-rider and there is inclement weather, please use the car line. Walkers and bike-riders are limited to students who live within 1 1⁄2 miles of RHPS. Bus transportation is available for all other students.
Due to safety concerns and to keep traffic flowing efficiently, please do not park and walk up to get your child.
Traffic Patterns for RHPS/RHES/GWC
SAVE the DATES
Friday, September 2nd - First Friday for Charity
Monday, September 5th - Labor Day Holiday
Tuesday, September 6th - Student Holiday and Teacher Work Day
Monday, September 26th - 30th - Book Fair at RHPS
Tuesday, September 27th - PTSO and Curriculum Night
RHPS, along with the support and guidance of Bryan County Schools, takes a proactive approach to keeping our students safe each day through a comprehensive safety plan, vigilant supervision, and regular safety drills.
Here are a few steps you can take to partner with us in increasing student safety:
1. Only use our main entrance to access the building unless instructed otherwise (i.e. special events, performances, PTSO events, curriculum nights).
2. If volunteering or visiting campus, check-in through the main office and wear the provided identification badge at all times.
3. Have transportation tags and identification on hand when picking up your student.
4. Be sure your child's white card is up-to-date and includes complete information for all emergency contacts.
Print and bring the completed form along with any medication or medical supplies your child needs to have at school. For example, epi pens, inhalers, diabetic supplies.
School Nutrition Program
Richmond Hill Primary School
MISSION: Dedicated to rigorous educational tasks that challenge and motivate students while always being focused on continuous improvement.