New Bridge School Dismissal Update
April 5, 2020
Dear New Bridge Families,
Welcome back from what I hope was a wonderful spring break for you and your family. This newsletter will give you updated information about the next two weeks of instruction and learning for your child. We are learning so many things as we navigate through this temporary way of delivering instruction. In spite of the challenges, we are extremely grateful to be who we are at New Bridge, a school where problem solving is at the heart of all we do. We have many teachers at New Bridge who have the extra credentials in instructional technology. This has put us at an advantage as we've worked to create an online learning environment that is familiar and easy to navigate for your students. At the same time, we are offering the more traditional method of paper/pencil work. We still have much to learn about how to make both methods more effective in the home. Thank you for your patience and perseverance during this difficult time. I encourage you to please stay current with teacher announcements and check with your child's teacher or me if you need any extra support or have any questions.
Thank you so much,
Instructional Packets and Online Learning for April 6-April 17
Packet Drop-off and Pick-up, Monday, April 6th 8:00-1:00
If you need a paper packet, then please come on Monday, April 6, between 8:00-1:00 to drop off and/or pick up new packets. If you are completing all your learning and practice work online, you do not need to come to the school or get a packet. Here are some considerations.
Turning in and picking up packets
- If you have a packet to turn in but are not comfortable coming to the school, you may scan or take pictures of some of your child's work and email them to the teacher.
- If you cannot come to the school to pick up the new packet between 8:00-1:00 on Monday, please notify your child's teacher; a staff member will contact you Monday to set up an assigned pick up time with a principal.
- If you have a packet to turn in and/or need to pick up the next two-week packet, please use our drive through method to do so. See instructions below.
- If you are using the combined online and paper packet method for instruction, please come to the school and pick up your packet between 8-1 on Monday.
- If you are walking to the school to turn in or pick up packets, please use the sidewalk, follow the signs, and go to the 3 stops described below.
Drive Through Method
- If you do not have a completed packet to turn in, please still come to the school to pick up the next packet.
- Grades K-6, Please come to the drop off lane at the front of the school. If you only have a kinder student, you may exchange packets at the kinder doors.
- 1st stop - Greeted by administrator at car window. Hand in packet if you have one.
- 2nd stop - Greeted by a staff member at car window. Give child's name and grade. Packet(s) will be brought to your car.
- 3rd stop - Pick up breakfast/lunch packets
- Chromebook check out - If you are checking out a device, you will need to notify someone at the first stop. You'll be directed to park and fill out the appropriate paper work.
Comcast also offers free internet through an application process; this information was sent in student packets, but if you need more information, please contact the office.
Breakfast & Lunch Services
- Beginning April 7, free breakfast and lunch may be picked up between 8:30 am to 12:00 pm at all OSD schools at the Ogden school nearest you. Both meals should be picked up at the same time to cut down on the number of trips to the school. A student does not have to attend the school to pick up a meal from that location so an individual can go to one location to pick up meals for their children (or siblings) 0-18 years old. Drive through pick-up at the front of the school is preferred.
2019-20 Yearbook orders have been canceled. We apologize for this disappointment.
- Lifetouch will start processing refunds for purchases made online. They will be refunded to the original form of payment and take 10-14 business days to process.
- If you made a cash/check payment you should have received a call from the office about how to obtain that refund. If you made a cash or check payment and did not receive a call, please contact a secretary at 801-737-8101.
School Dismissal Office Hours: 8:00am -12:00pm
For Questions about School Dismissal Contact: Please read through the messages that come from the Ogden School District communications dept. For past messages, go to Ogdensd.org or call 801-737-8101 for additional information.
To set up a phone or video conference with your child’s teacher to receive help or clarification on assignments: Please send a private message to teachers on Seesaw or email the teacher.