Middle School Weekly Wrap Up
November 30, 2018
MobyMax Moby Fall Kickoff
Prizes have arrived at the office. They are being shipped to students within next two weeks.
Emily Sattler –
- Week 1: Journey Weber - Moby Whale Bag
- Week 2: Achancia Grasty - Moby Whale Child T-Shirt- M
- Week 3: Achancia Grasty- Moby Whale Bag
Jill Phillips -
- Week 1: Donte Crump - Moby Whale Bag
- Week 2: Pamela Crise - Moby Whale Bag
- Week 3: Anthony Karpinski - Moby Whale Bag
Karen Hamburger -
- Week 1: Julissa Rivas - Moby Whale Bag
- Week 1: Jacob Baron - Moby Whale Bag
- Week 3: Jacob Baron - Moby Whale Adult T-Shirt- M
Amy Cadwallader -
- Week 1: Isabella Dillon - Moby Whale Bag
- Week 2: Jaymian Delgadillo -
- Week 1: Zaahidah Nigro - Moby Whale Bag
- Week 2: Zaahidah Nigro - Moby Whale Hat
- Week 3: Zaahidah Nigro - Moby Whale Child T-Shirt- L
- Week 1: Scotty Lubozynski – Whale Bag
- Week 3: Cerenity Watson – Whale Bag
Brenna Saxton -
- Week 1: Tasneem Darwish - Moby Whale Adult T-Shirt- M
- Week 2: Rebecca Baron - Moby Whale Hat
- Week 3: Rebecca Baron - Moby Whale Adult T-Shirt- M
Tracy Harris –
- Week 1: Emily Straub - Moby Whale Child T-Shirt- L
- Week 2: Jayden Davis - Moby Whale Bag
- Week 3: Michael Smith - Moby Whale Bag
Roberta Love -
- Week 1: Deegan Plunkard - Moby Whale Adult T-Shirt- S
Kimberly Kreseski -
- Week 3: Zakhi Dorn Collins - Moby Whale Bag
Selina Shepard -
- Week 1: Ahmad Jackson - Moby Whale Bag
- Week 1: Lamiyah Diamond Shipman - Moby Whale Bag
- Week 2: Lamiyah Diamond Shipman - Moby Whale Bag
- Week 3: Lamiyah Diamond Shipman - Moby Whale Bag
TRUANCY POLICY AND PROCEDURES
For every unexcused absence, the Charter School will send the parent/guardian a notice of the unexcused absence as well as include a copy of the legal penalties for violation of compulsory attendance requirements.
For the third unexcused absence, the Charter School will send the parent/guardian notice by certified mail within 10 school days of the child’s third unexcused absence that the child has been truant. This notice shall 1) include a description of the consequences that will follow if the child becomes habitually truant in the future; 2) will be in the mode and language of communication preferred by the person in parental relation.
A child is “truant” if he/she has three (3) or more school days of unexcused absence during the current school year.
When a child demonstrates truant behavior, the Charter School will schedule a school/family conference to discuss the cause of the child’s truancy and develop a mutually agreed upon Attendance Improvement Plan (SAIP) to resolve truant behavior. The plan can include a myriad of options for the elimination of truancy that are mutually agreed upon by the participants.
Procedure when child is habitually truant (accumulates 6 unexcused absences):
- Accumulates 6 unexcused absences: The Charter School will refer the child to a school-based or community-based attendance improvement program. However, this will occur only after prior interventions have been exhausted. These include but may not be limited to:
o SAIP (including follow up notes as appropriate)
o Phone calls (to all listed contacts)
o Home Visit
o Contacting TPC for assistance
- Accumulates 15 unexcused absences: The Charter School may refer the child to the county children and youth agency (CYS) for services or possible disposition as a dependent child under the Juvenile Act.
- Accumulates 20 unexcused absences under fifteen (15) years of age: The Charter School may file a citation against the parent/guardian of a habitually truant child under fifteen (15) years of age in a magisterial district court. The venue for filing the citation shall be in the magisterial district court based on the location of the child’s residence.
- Accumulates 20 unexcused absences fifteen (15) years of age and older: The Charter School may file a citation against the student or parent/guardian in the appropriate magisterial district court. The venue for filing the citation shall be in the magisterial district court based on the location of the child’s residence.
Unexcused absences in excess of 20 could result in additional citations filed unless otherwise ordered from a magisterial district court judge.
The Charter School reserves the right, when the circumstances warrant and consistent with all applicable laws, to notify CYS of truant behavior whenever the Charter School feels necessary.
In all cases, regardless of age, where the Charter School refers a habitually truant child to a magisterial district court or CYS, the Charter School will provide verification that it convened and held an Attendance Improvement Conference.
- If you are Instructional 1 level teacher, mid year observations are currently scheduled for either November, December, or January.
- You will need to have two evaluations for the year.
- One evaluation will be an observation and one can be either the project or another observation at the end of the year.
If you are an Instructional 2 level teacher and have opted for an observation (if you have already completed a project), these will occur at the end of the year.
Monday, December 10: Staff PD @ 3pm
Week of December 10 - 14: Bridget will be out of the office for seminars and meetings
Thursday, December 20: PD
Friday, December 21: AM PD; PM - Winter Break Starts